Bhojpuri actor held for kidnapping his 2-yr-old son
Delhi Police arrested two persons, a woman and a Bhojpuri actor who kidnapped his own two-year-old son to get revenge on his ex-wife.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South East district, Romil Baaniya, said the accused has been identified as Mohammed Shahid (23), the biological father of the kidnapped boy and his live-in partner Kashish (22) alias Alisha.
The DCP said that on June 26, Mumtaz the grandmother of the child had lodged a complaint at Jamia Nagar Police Station regarding the kidnapping of her daughter Muskaan's two-year-old son.
A team was immediately constituted and raids were conducted at different areas of Delhi and Bareilly. Information with regard to the kidnapped child was also given to all concerned agencies and a reward of Rs 20,000 was declared.
"Initially the biological father Shahid diverted the investigation of the case to raise suspicion over his live-in partner Alisha and mislead the police team to conduct raids at different places," said the DCP adding, "But when the team raised some suspicion over Shahid, he disappeared from the picture and hid from the police."
With the help of technical surveillance and a tip-off, on September 11, Shahid was found hiding somewhere in the area of West Vinod Nagar and he was arrested along with Alisha. Subsequently, on their instance the kidnapped child was also recovered and returned back to his mother.
"During interrogation, accused Shahid disclosed that he was married to Muskaan (the biologiocal mother) two-years-ago and had a son form her, but later Muskaan married some other person and after they filed a divorce, Shahid wanted to keep the child, which Muskaan refused to allow. So, he hatched a conspiracy with Alisha to kidnap the child and take revenge from Muskaan," said Baaniya.
Shahid is a resident of Muzafarpur in Bihar and he is a regional actor-cum-dancer and also worked in some regional music albums and acted in Bhojpuri films, said the police officer.
"He had starred in a film called 'from Allahabad to Islamabad', said the police
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | Lucknow
Cabinet minister and Suheldeo Bhartiya Samaj Party chief Om Prakash Rajbhar along with his supporters constructed a road in his village near Varanasi on Saturday. The minister, a compulsive dissident in the Yogi government, resorted to the extreme step maintaining that despite repeated requests, the Public Works Department (PWD) refused to construct the road...