Bhojpuri actor held for kidnapping his 2-yr-old son
Delhi Police arrested two persons, a woman and a Bhojpuri actor who kidnapped his own two-year-old son to get revenge on his ex-wife.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South East district, Romil Baaniya, said the accused has been identified as Mohammed Shahid (23), the biological father of the kidnapped boy and his live-in partner Kashish (22) alias Alisha.
The DCP said that on June 26, Mumtaz the grandmother of the child had lodged a complaint at Jamia Nagar Police Station regarding the kidnapping of her daughter Muskaan's two-year-old son.
A team was immediately constituted and raids were conducted at different areas of Delhi and Bareilly. Information with regard to the kidnapped child was also given to all concerned agencies and a reward of Rs 20,000 was declared.
"Initially the biological father Shahid diverted the investigation of the case to raise suspicion over his live-in partner Alisha and mislead the police team to conduct raids at different places," said the DCP adding, "But when the team raised some suspicion over Shahid, he disappeared from the picture and hid from the police."
With the help of technical surveillance and a tip-off, on September 11, Shahid was found hiding somewhere in the area of West Vinod Nagar and he was arrested along with Alisha. Subsequently, on their instance the kidnapped child was also recovered and returned back to his mother.
"During interrogation, accused Shahid disclosed that he was married to Muskaan (the biologiocal mother) two-years-ago and had a son form her, but later Muskaan married some other person and after they filed a divorce, Shahid wanted to keep the child, which Muskaan refused to allow. So, he hatched a conspiracy with Alisha to kidnap the child and take revenge from Muskaan," said Baaniya.
Shahid is a resident of Muzafarpur in Bihar and he is a regional actor-cum-dancer and also worked in some regional music albums and acted in Bhojpuri films, said the police officer.
"He had starred in a film called 'from Allahabad to Islamabad', said the police
- Ram Madhav: PM Modi‚Äôs agenda not only for reform but also for transformation 25 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- Bakery unit owner gets 2 years in jail for polluting Yamuna 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Governing Body chief: Opp parties misleading all on name change 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Parents to exercise franchise today 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ACB chief Meena shifted to Mizoram as ADGP 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NCR towns to be covered also: EPCA 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 4-yr-old boy sexually assaults classmate 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Robbery at crafts museum: 3 held with stolen shawls 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- One-third of victims of crime don‚Äôt report to police: Study 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Guest teachers in Govt schools to get maternity benefits 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...