Bhojpuri actor held for kidnapping his 2-yr-old son
Delhi Police arrested two persons, a woman and a Bhojpuri actor who kidnapped his own two-year-old son to get revenge on his ex-wife.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South East district, Romil Baaniya, said the accused has been identified as Mohammed Shahid (23), the biological father of the kidnapped boy and his live-in partner Kashish (22) alias Alisha.
The DCP said that on June 26, Mumtaz the grandmother of the child had lodged a complaint at Jamia Nagar Police Station regarding the kidnapping of her daughter Muskaan's two-year-old son.
A team was immediately constituted and raids were conducted at different areas of Delhi and Bareilly. Information with regard to the kidnapped child was also given to all concerned agencies and a reward of Rs 20,000 was declared.
"Initially the biological father Shahid diverted the investigation of the case to raise suspicion over his live-in partner Alisha and mislead the police team to conduct raids at different places," said the DCP adding, "But when the team raised some suspicion over Shahid, he disappeared from the picture and hid from the police."
With the help of technical surveillance and a tip-off, on September 11, Shahid was found hiding somewhere in the area of West Vinod Nagar and he was arrested along with Alisha. Subsequently, on their instance the kidnapped child was also recovered and returned back to his mother.
"During interrogation, accused Shahid disclosed that he was married to Muskaan (the biologiocal mother) two-years-ago and had a son form her, but later Muskaan married some other person and after they filed a divorce, Shahid wanted to keep the child, which Muskaan refused to allow. So, he hatched a conspiracy with Alisha to kidnap the child and take revenge from Muskaan," said Baaniya.
Shahid is a resident of Muzafarpur in Bihar and he is a regional actor-cum-dancer and also worked in some regional music albums and acted in Bhojpuri films, said the police officer.
"He had starred in a film called 'from Allahabad to Islamabad', said the police
- NSUI, ABVP stage protest against BHU baton-charge 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 6 yrs after rape, minor to get Rs 25L 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CM reviews plan for setting up decentralised STPs 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- RS ex-MP on trial for submitting fake airline bills 26 Sep 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- HC acquits Peepli Live co-director of rape 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ryan reopens with revamped safety 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 894 cases of dengue reported over last week 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 women found dead in Timarpur 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic cops crack down on illegal parking in city 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NGT calls for report on action plan for disposal of waste at Ghazipur 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Matikala Board is organising ‘Mati ki Mehak’ exhibition-cum-sale and state level prize distribution ceremony at Gauhar Mahal on September 26. The ceremony will be inaugurated by Cottage and Gramodyog Minister Antar Singh Arya at 7 pm...