- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Biotech filters installed at Rakab Ganj Sahib to cut air pollution
While the Capital is facing severe polluted days, a good move is being taken by Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib authorities joining hands with private companies for a pilot project on reducing air pollution. Biotech filters for cleaning polluted air have been installed in an open space on the gurdwara premises with the help of two firms - Evergen and Airlabs. Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee president Manjit Singh GK said,
“Usually, we use technology to purify air within a closed room in our offices or homes but this is the first time that an experiment is happening where polluted air in an open space will be cleaned. While the Air Quality Index outside is 170, we can see that the place where the filters (are), it is less than 30,” he said.
Delhi BJP MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa said that this project would provide a huge relief to people who are on the roads.
“The problem of air pollution is quite severe in Delhi. We have started this project here. This is something that can be installed in open spaces like bus stops so that people can get relief from air pollution. I feel that the Delhi government should take a cue from this. Such projects should be implemented in the entire Delhi,” he said.
The pilot project will go on in the gurdwara for three weeks.
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...