- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
BJP leaders, AAP rebel MLA stage sit-in at CM's office
Taking a cue from the ongoing sit-in by Chief Minister Arvind Kwejriwal and his Cabinet Ministers at Raj Niwas, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders and rebel AAP legislator Kapil Mishra on Wednesday sat on a dharna at Delhi Chief Minister's office against the "non-performance" of his Government.
Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta and MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa said the sit-in will continue till their demands are met by the AAP Government. "Until the Chief Minister assures to provide water to the people, we will continue our sit-in," Gupta said. The protest is against the "non-performance" of the Kejriwal Government, he said.
Gupta said BJP legislators had tried to raise the water shortage issue in the Assembly but they were marshalled out. The Chief Minister does not come to his office, where would people go to raise their problems, he said. "We have called on people to reach the CM's office to raise problem of water supply," Gupta said.
Sirsa said the sit-in will continue until Delhi gets adequate water. "Delhi Jal Board failed to implement schemes worth Rs 2,200 crore allocated by Asian Development Bank and Rs 2,000 crore allocated by 'Japan International Cooperation Agency' due to its inefficiency," he alleged.
BJP MLA Jagdish Pradhan was also present at the sit-in. He also criticised the Delhi Government for its failure to use funds provided by Central Government to set up decentralised 17 sewage treatment plants.
BJP MP Pravesh Verma alleged that the Government has failed to fufil its promise of laying water pipelines in each and every colony. Millions of people especially in slums, JJ clusters, rural areas, unauthorised colonies are still facing water crisis, he added.
BJP workers led by the party's Delhi unit chief Manoj Tiwari staged a protest at the Delhi Secretariat earlier on Wednesday over issues related to water and electricity supply. "Arvind Kejriwal entered Raj Niwas by taking an appointment to discuss important issues with the Lt Governor and has thereafter started a Dharna in the Raj Niwas is a typical act based on Naxalism theory wherein Naxalite call meetings and often kidnap or harass officials. It is just that in this case Arvind Kejriwal has chosen to sit in the Raj Niwas. CM Kejriwal should remember that public is suffering every movement due to water crisis and the people of Delhi especially women will never forgive him for forcing them to buy water from water tanker mafia", Tiwari said.
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...