BJP MLA to file affidavit against use of hookah in bars, restaurants
Having received complaints from concerned parents on flagrant use of hookah by youth in restaurants and bars in the national Capital, Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP MLA from Rajouri Garden, will submit an affidavit in NGT on Tuesday. Speaking to The Pioneer, Sirsa said that since National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairman Swatanter Kumar has asked us to share the list of bars where hookah is being used, we will share the names of several hookah bars.
The MLA submitted various studies in NGT on Monday claiming how hookah smoke is responsible for indoor pollution. Sirsa was receiving complaints regarding smoking hookah from Paharganj, Shadipur, Rajouri Garden and Patel Nagar.
While giving the reference of various studies, Sirsa said that air quality tests at Delhi hookah bars have found dangerously high level of airborne particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nicotine.
- NGT calls for report on action plan for disposal of waste at Ghazipur 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Psychometric test for school employees likely 25 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Man arrested for raping niece in Pandav Nagar 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- To prohibit smoking, DMRC told to ban matchboxes, lighters on trains, at stations 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted Russian fugitive sent to custody in city 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MCD contractor found dead in Bawana godown 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...