BJP MLA to file affidavit against use of hookah in bars, restaurants
Having received complaints from concerned parents on flagrant use of hookah by youth in restaurants and bars in the national Capital, Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP MLA from Rajouri Garden, will submit an affidavit in NGT on Tuesday. Speaking to The Pioneer, Sirsa said that since National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairman Swatanter Kumar has asked us to share the list of bars where hookah is being used, we will share the names of several hookah bars.
The MLA submitted various studies in NGT on Monday claiming how hookah smoke is responsible for indoor pollution. Sirsa was receiving complaints regarding smoking hookah from Paharganj, Shadipur, Rajouri Garden and Patel Nagar.
While giving the reference of various studies, Sirsa said that air quality tests at Delhi hookah bars have found dangerously high level of airborne particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nicotine.
- Dalit bodies protest against Kejriwal, Modi 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Prahari Squads to curb petty crimes in G‚Äôgram 21 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- EDMC discusses desilting issues with other civic agencies 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj‚Äôs bother called for questioning 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ghaziabad civic body leader raises rampant encroachment issue 21 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Criminal with Rs2L reward on head among two arrested 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DDA officials get 4-yr RI for demanding bribe from eatery owner 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- DSGMC installs solar plates on roofs of Bangla Sahib, Rakab Ganj Sahib 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Land Pooling Policy: DDA hearing from July 2 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Turn off engines at red lights till green blinks 21 Jun 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...