- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
BJP MLA to file affidavit against use of hookah in bars, restaurants
Having received complaints from concerned parents on flagrant use of hookah by youth in restaurants and bars in the national Capital, Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP MLA from Rajouri Garden, will submit an affidavit in NGT on Tuesday. Speaking to The Pioneer, Sirsa said that since National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairman Swatanter Kumar has asked us to share the list of bars where hookah is being used, we will share the names of several hookah bars.
The MLA submitted various studies in NGT on Monday claiming how hookah smoke is responsible for indoor pollution. Sirsa was receiving complaints regarding smoking hookah from Paharganj, Shadipur, Rajouri Garden and Patel Nagar.
While giving the reference of various studies, Sirsa said that air quality tests at Delhi hookah bars have found dangerously high level of airborne particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nicotine.
- Woman, husband declared absconder 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders take out march against AAP Government 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 46 more properties sealed in North Delhi 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear day ahead, says MeT official 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old man found dead with throat slit 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 150-bed multispecialty children's hospital inaugurated 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ammonia in Yamuna: NGT directs Delhi, Haryana to resolve issue 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi begins trial of anti-pollution towers 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make city green to curb pollution, says Sisodia 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No steps taken to curb sexual exploitation: Gupta 17 Feb 2018 | SR
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday dedicated to the people of the State an interntional standard 'Swami Vivekananda Stadium' built at a cost of Rs 17 crore at Kota in Raipur. After inaugurating the stadium, the Chief Minister had a look at various facilities at the stadium...