BJP MLA to file affidavit against use of hookah in bars, restaurants
Having received complaints from concerned parents on flagrant use of hookah by youth in restaurants and bars in the national Capital, Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP MLA from Rajouri Garden, will submit an affidavit in NGT on Tuesday. Speaking to The Pioneer, Sirsa said that since National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairman Swatanter Kumar has asked us to share the list of bars where hookah is being used, we will share the names of several hookah bars.
The MLA submitted various studies in NGT on Monday claiming how hookah smoke is responsible for indoor pollution. Sirsa was receiving complaints regarding smoking hookah from Paharganj, Shadipur, Rajouri Garden and Patel Nagar.
While giving the reference of various studies, Sirsa said that air quality tests at Delhi hookah bars have found dangerously high level of airborne particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nicotine.
- Delhi Police‚Äôs dog squad to get 35 Army trained canines 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Realtor shot dead in Gurugram Sector 67 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Haryana Police asks UP counterparts to curb illegal firearms factories 26 Jul 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Delhi Govt forms body to name roads and institutions 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of robbers arrested for impersonating as police officers 26 Jul 2017 | NISHTHA DHINGRA / MISHA BHATIA
- Chinese national arrested at IGI Airport for smuggling red sanders 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Another pleasant day for Delhiites 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NMC allows women and children to use toilets in all hotels, restaurants for free 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 members of Tillu gang arrested 26 Jul 2017 | Srishti Garg
- GDA all set to launch pre-GST sale of 900 flats 26 Jul 2017 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...