BJP MLA to file affidavit against use of hookah in bars, restaurants
Having received complaints from concerned parents on flagrant use of hookah by youth in restaurants and bars in the national Capital, Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP MLA from Rajouri Garden, will submit an affidavit in NGT on Tuesday. Speaking to The Pioneer, Sirsa said that since National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairman Swatanter Kumar has asked us to share the list of bars where hookah is being used, we will share the names of several hookah bars.
The MLA submitted various studies in NGT on Monday claiming how hookah smoke is responsible for indoor pollution. Sirsa was receiving complaints regarding smoking hookah from Paharganj, Shadipur, Rajouri Garden and Patel Nagar.
While giving the reference of various studies, Sirsa said that air quality tests at Delhi hookah bars have found dangerously high level of airborne particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nicotine.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...