BJP stages protest near Kejriwal house
Under the leadership of Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari BJP workers staged demonstration near the residence of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
The BJP protested on the completion of three years of AAP Government in Delhi, alleging that the AAP Government is anarchic and corrupt.
On this occasion, in addition to Manoj Tiwari, Leader of Opposition (LOP) in Delhi assembly Vijendra Gupta, Predesh General Secretaries Kuljeet Singh Chahal, Ravinder Gupta and Rajesh Bhatia and other leaders addressed the BJP workers.
The policemen used heavy force against the BJP workers when they reached near CM residence and used water cannon resulting in injuries to several workers including Manoj Tiwari, one of injured has been admitted to hospital, told BJP.
Addressing the workers Tiwari said, “Three years of Kejriwal Government has pushed backed Delhi by 30 years. Everywhere corruption is seen and Ministers and officers are using the bank account of each other for looting the public money. The connivance between Minister Satender Jain and Official Rishipal is unprecedented,” said Tiwari.
“Development works have been stalled and today Delhi is surprised to see that in spite of its neglectful attitude during the last three years Arvind Kejriwal is celebrating the anniversary of the Government sitting in a hall,” he said.
Tiwari said that Kejriwal has been teaching lesson of honesty to all the political parties but his party's 20 MLAs violated the Constitution by accepting Office of Profit who were later on disqualified by the President of India on the recommendation of the EC.
He said that the Ministers and MLAs of the AAP Government were charged with committing atrocities against women and only two days ago an incident of eve teasing in a DTC bus has ashamed the entire country. “Similarly, the people of Delhi are also shocked to witness the discrimination in giving compensation to the victims of murders especially in the case of murder of Ankit Saxena,” he said.
Tiwari alleged that three years ago Kejriwal came to power by promising free wi-fi, water and power at half rates, opening five hundred new schools, appointing marshals in the buses for women security, installing fifteen lakh CCTV cameras, opening new colleges, providing corruption free administration etc., but failed in fulfilling these promises.
General Secretary Ravinder Gupta has said that Kejriwal government has failed on all the fronts and during the last three years it has only created problems for the people of Delhi and has become headache for the people due to its failures.
- Youth Congress protests against fuel price hike 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sehwag, Bhaichung, Dahiya keen to run free sports coaching in city schools 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No gift please for our performing duties, say HC judges 24 May 2018 | PTI
- NGT slaps Rs 2-lakh fine on Railways 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Body of man with multiple injuries found in Okhla 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 81 vehicles impounded, several structures razed 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP questions BJP, L-G 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3-member panel to probe IRS officer‚Äôs charge 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia summoned in CS assault case 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP launches app for aspirants 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...