Capital records hottest day of season, mercury touches 400C
Delhi recorded the hottest day of the season on Monday with the mercury touching the 40-degrees Celsius mark."The maximum temperature was recorded at 40 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, while the minimum temperature settled at 22.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above normal," a MeT official said. Humidity levels oscillated between 83 and 34 per cent.
The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy morning on Tuesday with the possibility of strong surface winds blowing during the day.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to settle around 39 and 23 degrees Celsius," the official added. On Monday the maximum and minimum temperatures settled at 36.7 and 18.2 degrees Celsius, respectively.
An official of Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said very light rain with strong dust raising winds likely to occur Delhi and NCR areas on Monday night. Meanwhile Met in its weekly forecast mentioned that rain and thunderstorm activities may occur in Delhi on April 17, 19 and 20.
As per Skymet, a private weather forecast organization Currently, a Western Disturbance is clearing away from the Jammu and Kashmir region while another can be seen over North Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir. "Along with this, its induced cyclonic circulation is seen over Haryana and adjoining areas. While Delhi falls in the peripherals of the systems, it still does stand a chance of witnessing some thunderclouds along with dust storm, thunderstorm activity today. Squally winds may accompany the region along with these weather activities," it said.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...