CBI court holds Surendra Koli, Pandher guilty
A designated CBI court on Thursday convicted Surendra Koli and Maninder Singh Pandher guilty of crime in Nithari serial rape and murder cases. In his judgment, special CBI judge PK Tiwari noted that Surendra Koli and Maninder Singh Pandher were involved in the crime so they deserved to be punished. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Friday.
The prosecution lawyer JP Sharma told that in earlier 8 cases Koli has been sentenced to death. It is the 9th case in which quantum of sentence would be announced. Pandher had been sentenced to death in two cases in the past. It is his 3rd case in which he had been held guilty of crime. His quantum of sentence along with his servant Surender Koli would also be pronounced on Friday.
A total 19 FIRs were registered in Nithari serial killings out of which final reports were submitted in three cases. In remaining 17 cases charge sheets were filed out of which 9 cases have been finalised by the court. And in all 9 cases Koli had been found guilty and had been awarded death sentence. Pandher has been awarded death in 3 cases and this occasion is the third whose quantum of sentence would be pronounced today.
In this case a 25 year old maid did not return to her home on October 12, 2006. Her missing reported was lodged in the concerned police station. When Surender Koli was arrested on December 29, 2006 for the first time he made police to recover some skulls from rear portion of Pandher’s house where he worked as a domestic help. One of skulls recovered from the site matched with the DNA of her mother and brother during test. This was the strongest evidence in the case to prove him guilty, added lawyer Sharma. The cloths were also identified by the family members of the victim which made to court to held them guilty further added the lawyer.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...