- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Chairman of Dyal Singh College Governing body defends suspension of prof for insulting Hindu God
With some teachers of Dyal Singh College demanding revocation of suspension of a professor accused of insulting Hindu goddess over a Facebook post, chairman of College Governing body Amitabh Sinha said, “The accused professor should rather be severely punished so that no other person would dare to abuse our Gods and Goddess in future.”
The Governing Body not only recommended the suspension of Kedar Kumar Mandal in September last year but also recommended that he should be made “out-of-bounds” of the college premises.
However, teachers supporting him alleged that his suspension was illegal since the prior approval of the Vice-Chancellor was not been obtained.
On September 23, Mandal was suspended for allegedly insulting a Hindu goddess in a post on Facebook based on a complaint filed by BJP-affiliated National Democratic Teachers Front. The controversial Facebook post was deleted later. The police had said Mandal was booked under sections 153A and 295A of the Indian Penal Code.
A teacher of Dyal Singh College said that Kedar Kumar Mandal should not only be ‘rusticated’ from services but should be publicly shamed so that he may not dare to do such things in future.
- 2 arrested for smuggling gold worth Rs 2.79 cr at IGI Airport 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CBI gets 1-day transit remand of Rotomac kingpin, his son 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of vehicle battery thieves busted, 3 held 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Two killed, one injured in Narela gang rivalry 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IAS officers meet Union Minister Jitendra 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP MLA justifies assault, says officials who sit on files should be thrashed 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Court refuses bail to Amanatullah, Jarwal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP, AAP engage in war of words 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police raid CM‚Äôs house, AAP fumes 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal meets L-G for 5 mins, says babus not attending office 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...