- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
Civic bodies told to furnish details on road notification
As the issue over notification on 351 roads in Delhi for commercial or mixed-land use heats up, Urban Development Minister Satyendar Jain on Friday said the three municipal corporations will soon furnish necessary details to take the matter forward.
The Mayors of North, South and East Delhi Municipal Corporations agreed on this after meeting Jain here.
“We have asked proper paperwork from the corporations to check compliance with the Master Plan of Delhi norms. I asked them to submit it in two days but they (mayors) said, they will submit it by January 22,” the Minister told reporters.
The three civic bodies and the Delhi Government have been locked in a war of words over the issue.
Jain said, “The Government wrote five times to the three civic bodies in the last two years but practically no response has been received from them.”
The Minister on Thursday had sent a letter, mentioning “lack of response” from them. The civic bodies have been saying that the notification has been “pending with the Government”.
- Diesel cess to fund study on air pollution impact on health 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-yr-old rapes minor, arrested 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Farrukhnagar gangrape: Both accused nabbed 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM urges L-G to expedite pharmacists‚Äô recruitment 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Robbery case solved with arrest of two snatchers 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC, NMC seal 140 commercial properties 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders shut shops against sealing 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM must seek fresh mandate: Gupta 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM has no right to be in power: Maken 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC refuses interim relief to AAP MLAs 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
21 Jan 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Cold wave conditions persisted on Saturday in most parts of north India with the mercury further dropping in Kashmir and high-altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh recording sub-zero temperatures. Normal life remained hit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kargil as the minimum there settled at minus 19...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Congress party exhibited a strong fight in the Madhya Pradesh civic polls by winning nine presidential posts in 19 civic bodies on Saturday, tying with the BJP, which too won equal numbers. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's charisma could not help the BJP take over the Congress citadel of Raghogarh, hometown of AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh...