Cops await victim’s kin to further probe


The Ghaziabad police are waiting for blind rape victim’s relatives as she has been changing her statement before the Child Welfare Committee (CWC). Senior police officials said they are in touch with her relatives who are expected to arrive in a day or two. “She may be more comfortable in talking to her close relatives and may narrate what had really happened with her and that would help us in carrying the investigation forward,” said a senior functionary of the district police.

When contacted, the Circle Officer (CO) of Sahibabad area, Rajesh Mishra, he said, "The17 year blind girl claimed that she was raped in her house situated in Lajpat Nagar on Wednesday night. It came to light on Friday night when the girl was crying for help in a park near Parswnath temple". 

The officer said, the moment this incident came to light, the girl was referred to CWC for further counseling and shelter. 

Earlier, in her statement before the other CWC counselor Archana Mishra, she told that she reached Ghaziabad from Gorakhpur by Amrapali Express.  Her elder sister lives here but does not know her address and phone was found switched off.  "After her contradictory statements before the CWC counselors, we contacted her relatives in Deoria to come to Ghaziabad. Further action in this will be initiated once they arrive here and till then the girl will remain with the CWC", the CO added 

During further counseling before the CWC member Shalini Singh, the girl told that a boy who came on a motorcycle barged into her room and raped her twice and fled after bolting her from outside. The house owner who heard her cry, opened the door and rescued from room. He evicted her from his house when she told him what had happened with her. The land lord however did not give her belonging as she has not paid him the rent for the last three months. 

On Friday night a tea vendor helped and took her to Sahibabad police station which sent her to CWC.  In her statement she revealed that she belongs to Deoria in UP. Her mother had died when she was a child. Her father had enmity in the village so he left the village with her and started a new life in Mumbai where she suffered a medicine reaction which caused her blindness.

Her father moved to Ghaziabad so that he could get eye treatment in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) a year ago and started living in Lajpat nagar locality on rent. Her father started working but died of heart attack about 10 day's ago and the poor girl was left alone.



Sunday Edition

View All

Quake measuring 3.7 on Richter scale felt in south Gujarat

22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad

A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...

Read More


View All

First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence

24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal

The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...

Read More

Page generated in 0.4 seconds.