- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Court orders NCP to vacate Delhi office
A city court has ordered the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) to vacate its Delhi office. The office of NCP is currently located in the posh Lutyens zone at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg in the heart of the national
District Judge Poonam A Bamba on Thursday rejected the appeal of the NCP against the order of the Estate Officer, who had asked it to vacate the premises which is to be demolished for redevelopment of the area.
“In view of the above, the appellant’s contention of being singled out and action of cancellation of allotment of the said bungalow being motivated, is also without any basis,” it said, noting that the occupants of other bungalows in the area have also been asked to vacate.
It also noted that the allotment of the premises stood cancelled with effect from April 1 this year and that the NCP has already taken over possession of an alternate bungalow.
In its August 1 order, the Estate Officer had asked the NCP and everyone living at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg to vacate the premises.
The bungalow was allotted to the appellant in June 2000. In March this year, a notice was sent to the political party mentioning that due to redevelopment project of Dr BD Marg, it was decided to allot bungalow no 1, Canning Lane, to the party as an alternate building.
However, the NCP refused to accept the alternate bungalow, claiming that it was too small and does not fulfil its requirement.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...