- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Court orders NCP to vacate Delhi office
A city court has ordered the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) to vacate its Delhi office. The office of NCP is currently located in the posh Lutyens zone at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg in the heart of the national
District Judge Poonam A Bamba on Thursday rejected the appeal of the NCP against the order of the Estate Officer, who had asked it to vacate the premises which is to be demolished for redevelopment of the area.
“In view of the above, the appellant’s contention of being singled out and action of cancellation of allotment of the said bungalow being motivated, is also without any basis,” it said, noting that the occupants of other bungalows in the area have also been asked to vacate.
It also noted that the allotment of the premises stood cancelled with effect from April 1 this year and that the NCP has already taken over possession of an alternate bungalow.
In its August 1 order, the Estate Officer had asked the NCP and everyone living at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg to vacate the premises.
The bungalow was allotted to the appellant in June 2000. In March this year, a notice was sent to the political party mentioning that due to redevelopment project of Dr BD Marg, it was decided to allot bungalow no 1, Canning Lane, to the party as an alternate building.
However, the NCP refused to accept the alternate bungalow, claiming that it was too small and does not fulfil its requirement.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...