CP showroom burgled, Rs 1.30-cr watches stolen
At a time when the national Capital was on high alert with police intensifying patrolling in Lutyens’ Delhi, thieves struck a watch showroom in Connaught Place and decamped with “680 watches worth Rs 1.30 crore”. Police said no arrests have been made in the case yet.
The incident was reported on January 28 at a watch showroom located in the Regal Building, police said.
According to a senior police official, the FIR was registered by Mayank Barodia, who is the owner of the shop number 26 in the building.
On Sunday morning when Barodia reached the Regal building at 8 am, the guard said that his shop was burgled. He quickly ran to his shop and also called the police.
On opening his shop, Barodia found that most of his expensive watches such as Rolex, Guess, Omega, Tag Heuer, Longines, Rado, Victrinox, Fossil, Titan, Timex, Seiko, Citizen, Casio were stolen.
“They had also stolen Rs 1.5-2 lakh in cash and all the customers’ watches that had come for repair. A total of 680 watches were stolen from the shop,” said Barodia.
A police official investigating the matter said the CCTV footage of the area is being scanned to identify the culprits. Based on the complaint of Barodia, a First Information Report has been registered under Section 457 (lurking house trespass or house breaking by night in order to commit offence punishable with imprisonment) and Section 380 (punishment for theft) of the Indian Penal Code at the Connaught Place Police Station. Police are also questioning the employees of the showroom.
Meanwhile, police are trying to scan CCTV footage of the nearby shops and bank ATMs to gain clues to the accused. It is suspected to be the handiwork of a gang that had also struck at the showroom of an electronics major.
“The accused haven’t been identified yet but we are investigating the matter. They haven’t yet shared the list of the items that have been stolen,” said a senior police officer.
- Town Hall redevelopment: NMC wants PPP to run hotel, museum 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon likely to hit city between June 29 and July 1 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 28-yr-old man held at Nangloi metro station with live bullet 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD OK‚Äôs 7 FOBs, rejects proposal for 3 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites hug, tie green ribbon, pledge to save trees 25 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- BSES fined Rs 20k in 10-yr-old power theft case 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Transfer building department to DDA, traders body suggests Puri 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Jail Chowk-Sohna Chowk diversion plan to ease traffic 25 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Media bodies demand action against Lal Singh for remarks against Kashmiri journalists 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Multiple applications to secure admission taking toll on server 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Recognising the intent and passion of the Central Sarna Committee in safeguarding tribal customs as well as in infusing modern practices into the tribal community, Chief Minister Raghubar Das called upon the people to extend their support to the cause. The Chief Minister, in the same breath, rapped 'anti-national' forces who he alleged are attacking open culture of the community and said that the Government is here to protect the rights...