DCW invites public suggestions to resolve NRI marital disputes
Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) has sought suggestions from the public on issues concerning dispute in NRI marriages, the panel said in a statement issued on Sunday.
The women’s panel has decided to seek suggestions from the public and experts in the matter so as to expand its knowledge base as well as learn from field experiences, read the statement.
DCW chief Swati Maliwal is part of an expert committee on NRI marriages and disputes set up by the Government. The government set up the panel after it had received several complaints about women being abandoned by their NRI husbands.
The panel also has representatives from the ministries of external affairs, home affairs, women and child development. The committee will submit its report to the government by August.
The DCW is also reaching out to the NGOs working in the field to seek their opinion. Maliwal has also written to the NRI Commissions of Punjab, Kerala and Goa to seek data about the number of such cases in their states as well as their views on the matter.
Maliwal has also written to chairpersons of women commissions across the country seeking their views on the matter, the statement said, adding that the last date for submission of suggestions is July 23.
- Delhi Police‚Äôs dog squad to get 35 Army trained canines 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Realtor shot dead in Gurugram Sector 67 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Haryana Police asks UP counterparts to curb illegal firearms factories 26 Jul 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Delhi Govt forms body to name roads and institutions 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of robbers arrested for impersonating as police officers 26 Jul 2017 | NISHTHA DHINGRA / MISHA BHATIA
- Chinese national arrested at IGI Airport for smuggling red sanders 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Another pleasant day for Delhiites 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NMC allows women and children to use toilets in all hotels, restaurants for free 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 members of Tillu gang arrested 26 Jul 2017 | Srishti Garg
- GDA all set to launch pre-GST sale of 900 flats 26 Jul 2017 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...