DCW invites public suggestions to resolve NRI marital disputes
Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) has sought suggestions from the public on issues concerning dispute in NRI marriages, the panel said in a statement issued on Sunday.
The women’s panel has decided to seek suggestions from the public and experts in the matter so as to expand its knowledge base as well as learn from field experiences, read the statement.
DCW chief Swati Maliwal is part of an expert committee on NRI marriages and disputes set up by the Government. The government set up the panel after it had received several complaints about women being abandoned by their NRI husbands.
The panel also has representatives from the ministries of external affairs, home affairs, women and child development. The committee will submit its report to the government by August.
The DCW is also reaching out to the NGOs working in the field to seek their opinion. Maliwal has also written to the NRI Commissions of Punjab, Kerala and Goa to seek data about the number of such cases in their states as well as their views on the matter.
Maliwal has also written to chairpersons of women commissions across the country seeking their views on the matter, the statement said, adding that the last date for submission of suggestions is July 23.
- NGT calls for report on action plan for disposal of waste at Ghazipur 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Psychometric test for school employees likely 25 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Man arrested for raping niece in Pandav Nagar 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- To prohibit smoking, DMRC told to ban matchboxes, lighters on trains, at stations 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted Russian fugitive sent to custody in city 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MCD contractor found dead in Bawana godown 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...