- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Deaf & mute couple beaten up
A deaf and dumb couple were beaten black and blue by a group of four to five people after the couple had objected to their rowdy behaviour as that was disturbing their 11 year old son who was studying. The shocking incident took place in a three stroeyed house in Mandawali area of East district. The culprits who have been identified are yet to be arrested while the police say they are making efforts to arrest them.
The incident took place in the evening of April 1 at Railway Colony area of Mandawali when Devendra Sharma reportedly raised objection to the flatmates living on the second floor not to create noise as the couple’s 11 year old son was studying.
A case under sections 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 341(Punishment for wrongful restraint) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered at the Mandawali Police Station on the complaint given by Devendra’s 70-year-old mother, Pushpa.
As per the written complaint filed the 70-year-old woman, “While I live on the ground floor, my son lives with his family on the third floor in the same building. We sold the second floor to a builder who further gave it on rent to some youths.”
“My son Devendra and his wife Indu both are deaf and dumb. On the day of the incident, while I was in my room on the ground floor, my 11 year old grandson, Kamal came running towards me and said that his father has been brutally beaten by Shatrughan,” said Pushpa.
I managed to climb upstairs and found that Devendra was profusely bleeding while Shatrughan was beating my daughter in law Indu. I somehow managed to raise an alarm and call my neighbours who then rushed Devendra and Indu to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital.
“Seeing that the couple has sustained grievous injuries, they were referred to another hospital,” said Pushpa.
Surender, relative of Indu Sharma told The Pioneer, “It is not the first time that Shatrughan misbehaved with my sister and her husband. For a long time, Shatrughan did not switch off his water tank which caused moisture on the walls on Indu’s house.
On Sunday, Shatrughan was asked not to create problem after he had alcohol with his friends. Since Devendra is deaf and dumb, he sent his son to convey the message. Taking advantage of the plight of Devendra and Indu, Shatrughan thrashed them.” The relative added that Devendra has sustained a serious injury on his chest and is being treated.
- After raid, jeweller jumps to death from DRI building 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM orders magisterial enquiry 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Accident leaves 7-yr-old girl‚Äôs family shattered 27 Apr 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- Cash van cashier, guard shot dead, `12L looted 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tarini embarks on final leg of global navigation 27 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Students force DU to keep Central Library open at night 27 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- AAP up in arms against proposed two landfill sites 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G reviews traffic decongestion plans, progress of 11 main corridors 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gupta accuses AAP Govt of fund denial to civic bodies 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Chawala elected SDMC Mayor, Satyapal deputy 27 Apr 2018 | Chandan Prakash
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Apr 2018 | PNS | Haridwar
Uttarakhand State police district/ BN athletics meet 2018 kicked off on Thursday following its inauguration by the State Cabinet Minister Madan Kaushik. Speaking to The Pioneer, the commandant of 40 battalion of the PAC Haridwar RL Sharma said that the main events which were held on Thursday included 200, 800 and 1500 metres race, long jump, discus throw, hurdle race and pole vault...