Delhi Police transfer: CBI arrests two men for taking bribe
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested two 'private persons', one of whom posed as a Government official, for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 10 lakh from a Delhi Police Inspector seeking favourable posting.
The CBI has named four people — Rajan Kumar, Arun Tiwari, Delhi Police Inspector Banay Singh Meena and Kameshwar, a Government official in its FIR.
It is alleged that Meena had given Rs 10 lakh to Kumar, who was living in a Government accommodation allotted to Kameshwar in RK Puram, and Tiwari, seeking favourable posting.
Kumar, who posed as a Government official, and Tiwari have been arrested by the CBI, the agency's spokesperson RK Gaur said.
The agency has recovered Rs 1.6 crore in cash from Kumar during searches. Several rubber stamps and fake letterheads have also been seized, Gaur said.
- The worst jobs in the city.... and those who do them "RAGPICKERS' 13 Dec 2017 | Chandan Prakash/Abhinav Singh
- 2 try to sneak into metro station with gun, nabbed 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two pickpockets arrested with stolen smartphones 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two held for firing at dhaba owner 13 Dec 2017 | SR
- Excise Deputy Commissioner appears before DCW 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gzb Mayor, 100 councillors take oath 13 Dec 2017 | SP Singh
- City Govt to revamp monitoring, evaluation unit of planning dept 13 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2-yr-old girl falls into open drain, dies 13 Dec 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Street lighting: HC orders Govt-police coordination 12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISIC gives new life to two underprivileged girls 12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...