Dereliction of poll duty: Show cause notice against 43 Govt officers
The Returning Officer (RO) of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) on Thursday has issued showcause notice to as many as 43 Delhi Government officers for dereliction of election duty.
“The action comes after 43 officers of Delhi Government’s Revenue Department had skipped an election training session on April 13. Keeping in view the seriousness of the matter, showcause notices have been issued against them,” an official said.
The RO has sought written explanation from the “delinquent” officials as to why, under the provisions of the Representation of Peoples Act, action should not be initiated against them.
The official said if the written explanation is not satisfactory, strict action will be taken against such officers for dereliction of poll duty.
Elections to all three civic bodies — South, North and East Municipal Corporations — will be held on April 23, while the counting will take place on April 26.
- Monsoon may hit Kerala before May 30: MoES 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Violet Line service hit due to safety inspection of metro’s ITO-Kashmere Gate stretch 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Varsity receives 40K registrations on second day 24 May 2017 | SR
- DU’s Open Day session pulls huge crowd 24 May 2017 | Debashish Kumar
- Piyush Goyal asks scribes to go from party meeting; leaves Manoj Tiwari embarrassed 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ensure availability of medicines in Govt hospitals: CM tells CS 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cong wins Sarai Pipal, AAP bags Maujpur 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- RSS leader's murder: CPI(M) activist held 24 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Extra marital affair: Woman held for killing husband 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Clash between AISA, ABVP at DU during counselling of aspirants 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...