Dereliction of poll duty: Show cause notice against 43 Govt officers
The Returning Officer (RO) of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) on Thursday has issued showcause notice to as many as 43 Delhi Government officers for dereliction of election duty.
“The action comes after 43 officers of Delhi Government’s Revenue Department had skipped an election training session on April 13. Keeping in view the seriousness of the matter, showcause notices have been issued against them,” an official said.
The RO has sought written explanation from the “delinquent” officials as to why, under the provisions of the Representation of Peoples Act, action should not be initiated against them.
The official said if the written explanation is not satisfactory, strict action will be taken against such officers for dereliction of poll duty.
Elections to all three civic bodies — South, North and East Municipal Corporations — will be held on April 23, while the counting will take place on April 26.
- Another KV student dies in school within a week 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- FIR against fake recruitment advert in newspaper 23 Aug 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- One held for man‚Äôs death in LNJP sewer 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 47 swine flu deaths so far 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Our sanitation workers well protected: DJB 23 Aug 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- Capacity expansion of IGIA soon: DIAL 23 Aug 2017 | Sapna Singh
- 15-yr-old sodomised by 4 juveniles while on way to school 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DCPs to patrol Gurugram at night to keep women safe 23 Aug 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Court denies bail to Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Neighbour stabs driver in Ambedkar Nagar PS 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...