Dereliction of poll duty: Show cause notice against 43 Govt officers
The Returning Officer (RO) of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) on Thursday has issued showcause notice to as many as 43 Delhi Government officers for dereliction of election duty.
“The action comes after 43 officers of Delhi Government’s Revenue Department had skipped an election training session on April 13. Keeping in view the seriousness of the matter, showcause notices have been issued against them,” an official said.
The RO has sought written explanation from the “delinquent” officials as to why, under the provisions of the Representation of Peoples Act, action should not be initiated against them.
The official said if the written explanation is not satisfactory, strict action will be taken against such officers for dereliction of poll duty.
Elections to all three civic bodies — South, North and East Municipal Corporations — will be held on April 23, while the counting will take place on April 26.
- Police to hold awareness campaign in all districts against drug abuse today 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Permanent campus for institute: GBPEC students plan to launch protest 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Gurugram Traffic cops to get Body-Worn Cameras to catch anti-social elements 26 Jun 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Traffic cops launch campaign against drinking and driving 26 Jun 2017 | Shreya Kapoor/Vardha Pal
- 12 bike, phone thieves arrested in Ghaziabad 26 Jun 2017 | SP Singh
- Goel flags off third Slum Yuva Daud in Pitampura 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Mobiles, SIM cards recovered from Bhondsi jail criminals 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Sharpshooter wanted in Rohini court shootout held 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MeT: City may enjoy pleasant weather from tomorrow 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Mishra asked to vacate his Civil Lines bungalow 26 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jun 2017 | PNS | Nainital
The Shipra river which flows towards the north, contrary to most rivers, has been degenerated into a sewer with garbage being dumped in the river apart from the sewer. After concerned locals cleaned up the riverbed despite apathy of the local body, the district administration has taken cognisance of the issue and directed action against those polluting this river...