- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
MORE City NEWS
- Installation of CCTVs on PWD roads fast-tracked 22 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Bird flu scare: Min Rai rules out threat to humans 22 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police fears communal flare-up 21 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Administration's behaviour rude: Najeeb’s family 21 Oct 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- SIT formed on Rajnath's order 21 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Officers evicting vendors feel heat 21 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- FIR against man for stalking PS to Min 21 Oct 2016 | Souvik Mitra
- Govt told to reduce traffic, introduce destination buses 21 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Notices to six varsities for different timings for boys, girls 21 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- GB road: Another trafficker arrested 21 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
22 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Akhilesh Yadav will be the chief minister’s face of the Samajwadi party and the party will go to the next assembly election in his leadership. "Let there be no confusion on the chief minister’s face of the party and leadership issue...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!