- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
MORE City NEWS
- DU girl student raped by friends, 3 held; 2 on run 23 Feb 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Last minute works in colonies ahead of civic polls: Cong 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Nursery admission row: HC to pronounce judgement on Feb 27 23 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Former BJP MLA Vijay Jolly booked for rape 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gzb fake encounter: All 4 convicted cops get life 23 Feb 2017 | SP Singh
- Pay electricity bill on time and get up to Rs200 cash back 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IGP Meerut Zone presents Petro Card to police drivers 23 Feb 2017 | SP Singh
- Mid-day meal kitchens under scanner 23 Feb 2017 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Govt approves Rs 200 cr loan to crash-strapped north corporation 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Court gives Centre 4 weeks to take decision 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
23 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Election Commission has made elaborate security arrangements for the 53 segments across 12 districts going to polls in the fourth phase of Assembly elections on Thursday. More than 2 lakh security personnel and over 200 companies of Central forces have been mobilised for ensuring law and order on the polling day...
It is shocking to know that anti-national and anti-social elements are preferred over the martyrs by the (State) Government.
When I was flying to New York recently I was wearing a headscarf. I was racially profiled at the airport for the first time.
President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Modi together are the worst enemies of terrorists. The two are committed nationalists.