- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
MORE City NEWS
- Delhi’s Home department headless? 06 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Going gets tough for DU sports quota students 06 Oct 2015 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Beware! Stolen mobile phones circulating online 06 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Govt revokes its appointment order of Principal Secretary 06 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- BJP alleges scam in water ATMs plan for unauthorised colonies 06 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Four held in triple murder case 06 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Restoration work of heritage building hits roadblock 06 Oct 2015 | Sapna Singh
- Director nabbed for molesting child actor 06 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- After Monday's lynching, Dadri still not calm 06 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Danish health improving: Doctor 06 Oct 2015 | Pioneer
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
06 Oct 2015 | PNS | NAYAGARH
Demanding payment of arrears and reopening of the Nayagarh Sugar Mill, employees of the mill and members of the Akhu Chasi Mahasangh and Krushak Sangh under the banner of the Nayagarh Chinikala Banchao Kriyanusthana Committee resorted to civil disobedience in front of the Nayagarh Collectorate here on Monday. The agitators also locked up the main gate of the Collector office...
There is clear evidence where all the Taliban leadership is based. It is in Pakistan. Who is helping them, coaching them?
They that possess the skills to be within notes and sounds independent of any other input, are the blessed. We are not.
Israel is waging a fight to the death against Palestinian terror. This includes speeded-up demolition of terrorists' homes.