Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
- Monsoon may hit Kerala before May 30: MoES 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Violet Line service hit due to safety inspection of metro’s ITO-Kashmere Gate stretch 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Varsity receives 40K registrations on second day 24 May 2017 | SR
- DU’s Open Day session pulls huge crowd 24 May 2017 | Debashish Kumar
- Piyush Goyal asks scribes to go from party meeting; leaves Manoj Tiwari embarrassed 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ensure availability of medicines in Govt hospitals: CM tells CS 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cong wins Sarai Pipal, AAP bags Maujpur 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- RSS leader's murder: CPI(M) activist held 24 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Extra marital affair: Woman held for killing husband 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Clash between AISA, ABVP at DU during counselling of aspirants 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...