- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...