Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
- CM to spearhead AAP's campaign 30 Mar 2017 | Rahiba R Parveen
- ‘MCDs capable of waiving house tax’ 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Swaraj India's plea for common symbol rejected 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Anyone other than Kejriwal would have resigned: Tiwari 30 Mar 2017 | PNS
- 2 kidnapped for Rs2-cr ransom rescued 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 28 corridors to be developed as model roads in city 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Youth steals father’s mobile phone to buy drugs, held 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cong releases poll roadmap 30 Mar 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- ‘Depressed' IIT student jumps from hostel balcony; police say stable 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Civic polls: Akhilesh, Dimple, Jaya among star campaigners for SP 30 Mar 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
30 Mar 2017 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath claimed that `yoga’ and performing `namaz’ were almost similar yet till 2014, Yoga was usually referred to as a Hindu practice. ``If you perform ‘surya namaskar’ while performing Yoga or offering `namaz’, one will find that they were almost similar exercises,” asserted Yogi while saying that people who believe on `bhog’, how can have faith in `Yog’...