- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Dispute over Wakf land: Shia body threatens stir
Alleging an attempt to grab prime wakf land in Delhi, a Shia organisation on Tuesday threatened a mass agitation in the Capital if the land in Jor Bagh area is not handed over to the Wakf Board by the end of this month. Maulana Kalbe Jawad, general secretary of Majlis Ulema-e-Hind, alleged that the attempt to grab the piece of land in posh Jor Bagh area of the Capital is being made by a senior Congress leader.
It may be noted that the Shia’s had planned a march in protest against alleged encroachment on Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of South Delhi on Monday. Around 70 buses, loaded with scores of members of the community, had tried to enter the national Capital from UP via Ghazipur border in the afternoon that witnessed massive traffic gridlock across the region. Majority of people held the protesters responsible for the traffic chaos as the matter is sub judice in the Supreme Court. The protesters were keen to reach Jorbagh to join the protest. Tuesday’s conference was organised by Shias to justify their movement.
He also said that recent denotification of 123 wakf properties was another ploy to misleading the nation. He alleged that due to Congress’ patronage to the wakf land grabbers, Government agencies have been partisan who have failed to implement the orders of Delhi High Court about nursery at Karbala and construction of the boundary wall of the wakf land related to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan. “Despite seven High Court orders since 2005 till date for the construction of the boundary wall, the Government had never honoured the judicial orders. Whom we should approach if the Government has been too partial honouring the court orders,” he questioned.
MORE City NEWS
- If convicted, corrupt officials may have to spend life in jail 28 Nov 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Sharma’s permanent suspension demanded 28 Nov 2015 | Ankita Sharma
- AAP rebel Pushkar suspended 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Suspension of Sharma: BJP workers stage protest 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Resolution seeking reversal of decision to allot land to BJP passed 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- AAP MLA Tripathi gets bail 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Relief for shops-cum houses in fifty seven resettlement colonies 28 Nov 2015 | Ankita Sharma
- CCTV footage help police nab driver 28 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Pandey
- Bank accused of throwing security rules to the wind 28 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Pandey
- Weddings throw traffic out of gear 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
29 Nov 2015 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | Bhubaneswar
The invincible BJD Government may be facing shudders under its feet with the fire of serial farmer suicides refusing to die down. Added to its discomfiture, has returned the teachers’ ire which only a few months ago had created sleepless nights for the State Government...
Secularism is the most misused word in the country. Because of this, there have been instances of tension in society.
I have done a couple of Hindi films, but I have no plans to shift base anywhere from my State.
All too often, young people are being radicalised in the name of religion to sow discord and fear, and to tear society's fabric.