DUSU elections: Large student turnout in morning colleges
The election to Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) was underway on Tuesday with a “good” turnout in the morning colleges. According to DUSU election committee, a large number of students turned out to vote since 10 am in the 40 morning colleges. Polling ended at 2 pm in these colleges.
Voting in evening colleges commenced at 3 pm and will continue till 7.30 pm.
The exact turnout was expected late evening while the counting would take place on Wednesday morning.
“We received calls from various colleges about a good number of students turning out to vote,” said Chief Election Officer SB Babbar.
The election committee has deployed a total of 248 EVMs in all 40 morning colleges. Voting at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College started half an hour late in the morning due to some technical glitch in the EVMs.
The RSS’ student wing ABVP, the Congress’ NSUI and left wing outfits were seen making last minute efforts to garner votes for their candidates.
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | Lucknow
Cabinet minister and Suheldeo Bhartiya Samaj Party chief Om Prakash Rajbhar along with his supporters constructed a road in his village near Varanasi on Saturday. The minister, a compulsive dissident in the Yogi government, resorted to the extreme step maintaining that despite repeated requests, the Public Works Department (PWD) refused to construct the road...