DUSU elections: Large student turnout in morning colleges
The election to Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) was underway on Tuesday with a “good” turnout in the morning colleges. According to DUSU election committee, a large number of students turned out to vote since 10 am in the 40 morning colleges. Polling ended at 2 pm in these colleges.
Voting in evening colleges commenced at 3 pm and will continue till 7.30 pm.
The exact turnout was expected late evening while the counting would take place on Wednesday morning.
“We received calls from various colleges about a good number of students turning out to vote,” said Chief Election Officer SB Babbar.
The election committee has deployed a total of 248 EVMs in all 40 morning colleges. Voting at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College started half an hour late in the morning due to some technical glitch in the EVMs.
The RSS’ student wing ABVP, the Congress’ NSUI and left wing outfits were seen making last minute efforts to garner votes for their candidates.
- Ram Madhav: PM Modi‚Äôs agenda not only for reform but also for transformation 25 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- Bakery unit owner gets 2 years in jail for polluting Yamuna 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Governing Body chief: Opp parties misleading all on name change 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Parents to exercise franchise today 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ACB chief Meena shifted to Mizoram as ADGP 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NCR towns to be covered also: EPCA 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 4-yr-old boy sexually assaults classmate 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Robbery at crafts museum: 3 held with stolen shawls 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- One-third of victims of crime don‚Äôt report to police: Study 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Guest teachers in Govt schools to get maternity benefits 24 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...