Eatery staffers kill 30-year-old for complaining of food quality
A 30-year-old man was killed allegedly by three employees of an eatery following an argument after he complained about the quality of food he was served. According to a senior police officer, the incident took place on Sunday at East Delhi's Preet Vihar. “The deceased, identified as Pawan runs an eatery in Mandawali area and had gone to eat at the Kamal dhaba. He allegedly complained about the quality of food following which three staff members of the Kamal food eatery identified as Sachin, Govind and Karan, allegedly attacked Pawan with a broken ladle on his lower back,” said a senior police officer. Pawan was hit multiple times with the ladle.
The officer further said that Pawan was rushed to a hospital where he succumbed during treatment. The accused have been arrested.
Police said that out of 462 cases of murder reported last year, killings over trivial issues accounted for 18 per cent of the cases.
- Thousands of students throng Talkatora Stadium 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,000 cops take part in spl event at Thyagraj 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 13K jail inmates perform asanas 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites celebrate Yoga Day with enthusiasm 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Decks cleared to set up hazardous waste disposal facility at Bawana 22 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Sanitation workers to get loans to buy sewer cleaning machines 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Post sit-in, Kejriwal holds back-to-back meetings 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Crackdown on squatters: Several areas cleared, 46 vehicles seized 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Now, WhatsApp electricity meter reading to generate bill 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 10K students grab 20% DU seats in 3 days 22 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...