EDMC Budget proposals focus on sanitation, revenue generation
The East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) on Thursday presented Budget proposals for 2018-19 with focus on sanitation and revenue generation. With an aim to generate revenue, taxes including education cess, profession tax and betterment tax have been proposed by the Commissioner in his budget proposals.
Presenting the Budget proposals in a special meeting of standing committee, EDMC Commissioner Dr Ranbir Singh proposed betterment tax at the rate of 15 per cent of property tax. The will generate additional revenue of Rs 10 crore annually to the corporation. While education cess proposed to be 5 per cent of property tax. Proposal for imposition of professional tax who have annual income of Rs 5 lakh were also proposed to generate Rs five crore revenue for the cash strapped corporation.
The EDMC would develop an entomology lab and training centre to prevent mosquito-borne diseases. CCTV cameras would also be installed in SDN hospital with a cost of Rs 1 crore. Staff Reporter
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...