- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi
- Three militants, woman killed in J&K gunfight
- Ryan murder: SC rejects plea against Pintos' bail
- Ahmedabad Police denies permission to roadshows of Rahul, BJP
- Don't drag us into your domestic politics: Pak to India
EDMC Budget proposals focus on sanitation, revenue generation
The East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) on Thursday presented Budget proposals for 2018-19 with focus on sanitation and revenue generation. With an aim to generate revenue, taxes including education cess, profession tax and betterment tax have been proposed by the Commissioner in his budget proposals.
Presenting the Budget proposals in a special meeting of standing committee, EDMC Commissioner Dr Ranbir Singh proposed betterment tax at the rate of 15 per cent of property tax. The will generate additional revenue of Rs 10 crore annually to the corporation. While education cess proposed to be 5 per cent of property tax. Proposal for imposition of professional tax who have annual income of Rs 5 lakh were also proposed to generate Rs five crore revenue for the cash strapped corporation.
The EDMC would develop an entomology lab and training centre to prevent mosquito-borne diseases. CCTV cameras would also be installed in SDN hospital with a cost of Rs 1 crore. Staff Reporter
- Driver critical after BMW car rams into his auto in E Delhi 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Single window system in Dept to streamline recruitment process 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Digital monitors in cabs soon to help passengers keep track of route 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Safety first, institution's credentials secondary for girl students: Study 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Accident victim's kin get Rs 92.36L compensation 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Prez hails Bharat Vikas Parishad‚Äôs efforts 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NDMC launches Swachchhta Pakhwada 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DCW seeks explanation from Vistara 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Truck mows down two sleeping on footpath 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 6 women among 7 held for running sex racket in spa 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The students securing 70 per cent marks in the Class XII examination will also get the benefit of the Chief Minister's Medhavi Vidyarthi Protsahan Yojna from next year. The scheme will cover all courses offered in government colleges...