EDMC scraps proposal to impose education cess
East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) has scrapped the proposal to impose new taxes such as education cess, betterment and professional taxes.
Presenting budget 2017-18, Leader of House (LOH) Santosh Pal proposed to build a multi-storey parking at Krishna Nagar by June 2018 with a cost of Rs 23 crore. These car parking would be developed at Aditya Arcade Preet Vihar, Geeta Colony, Babarpur and Nand Nagri.
Pal also proposed to develop car parking on ‘Public Private Partnership’ (PPP) model at Laxmi Nagar, Vikas Marg and District Centre Complex.
Also, following the footsteps of the north and south municipal corporations, the east corporation has also announced to launch a scheme to provide wholesome and nutritious meal at nominal charges.
It was also proposed that the capacity to process waste at ‘Construction and Demolition’ waste plant to increase from 500 MT per day to 1000 MT per day. Further, the capacity to process waste at Ghazipur waste-to-energy plant would be increased from 1300 MT per day to 2500 MT per day. 12 MW of electricity is being produced at the plant by processing 1300 MT per day, he said.
To strengthen it resource capacity under Swachh Bharat Mission, the civic body announced to have a plan to procure 50 battery operated litter picker, 64 auto-mounted litter picker, 20 fixed compacters, seven mechanical sweepers, 10 accelerated compost machines, 2 bio-methanization plant of 5 ton per day capacity, one bio-methanization plant (for disposal of dung waste) of 100 ton capacity per day, two super sucker machines and 10 suction-cum-jetting machines. 80 per cent cost for this would be borne by Union government and rest by the Corporation.
Leader of House also informed that 1600 twin bins of 100 litre capacities have been placed and 5000 more such twin bins would be used in future. “3000 plastic dustbins of 12 litre capacity were distributed to citizens and 20,000 more such dustbins would be distributed,” he informed.
Keeping health of the citizen in mind a concept to open air gym would be developed in 55 parks of EDMC by 30th June, 2018 with an estimated cost of Rs 490 lakh. Tenders for the same have been invited, Pal said.
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-year-old man found murdered in Narela park 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses sultry weather, strong winds likely today 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Need for rehab policy on child rapes: Experts 21 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE exams: More boys called for counselling than girls 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...