EMU passengers, Railway employee engage in brawl as train runs late
In an unusual incident, daily commuters of a Meerut shuttle EMU train roughed up a New Delhi Railway Station staff as the local train was delayed on Thursday evening. The class-IV employee was suppose to hand over the mandatory ‘Caution Order’ note to the train driver, a procedure after which the train departs from the platform.
A senior railway official said that peon Krishna was assigned the task to handover the caution note which he due to technical reasons reached the driver 10 minutes late at 6.30 pm.
“The daily commuters are generally aware of the modus operandi of train operations. When the EMU got delayed due to some technical reasons they had made up their mind to hit the railway staff. Sooner Krishna handed over the note he was attacked by a mob of atleast 20-25 passengers on the platform number 9 and hit him badly,” said the official.
A complaint in this regard was made to the police and the three men were taken on custody on Friday based on identification from the CCTV footage. “A team in civil dress including the RPF was formed. On Friday evening the team alongwith the victim moved in the same train and nabbed the culprits. Through them we are sure to catch all of them since they are the daily commuters,” added the official saying further probe in this regard is going on.
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...