English (Hons) most sought-after course
Among the applications received for the Undergraduate (UG) courses at Delhi University (DU), highest number of applications is for BA (Hons) English at 1,26,327 followed by BA Programme and BA (Hons) Political Science for which 1,05,818 and 1,05,590 applications,respectively, have been received.
The online registration process for the undergraduate courses of Delhi University (DU) for academic session 2018-19 started on May 15 and lasted till June 7. About 2,78,574 applications have been received successfully for the undergraduate programme of Delhi University with 1,44,248 male applicants and 1,34,297 female applicants.
Next in fray is BA(Hons) Economics with 96,709 applicants followed by BA Programme of Non-Collegiate Women Education Board (NCWEB) with 93,720 applications. It is closely followed by BA (Hons) History with 92,011applications.
The B.Com and B.Com (NCWEB) has almost equal number of applicants with 85,791 while 85,728 applications received, respectively.
The first cut-off of Delhi University will come on June 19 after which document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee will be done from June 19 to 21. The second cut-off will come on June 25 and subsequent cut-offs later on. DU will come up with only 5 cut-offs this year contrary to more than dozen cut-offs last year and preceding year.
The number of applications for BA (Hons) Journalism course is 79,831, 75,495 for BA (Hons) Psychology, 75,434 applications for BA (Hons) Geography and 75,102 for BA (Hons.) Sociology. The number of applications for BCom. (Hons.) freezed at 74,921.
Among the traditional science courses, BSc (Honours) Mathematics has the highest number of applicants with 74,530 successful applications received for it. Next most sought out course in the science stream is BSc (Hons.) Chemistry with 72,401 applications followed by 70,431 applications for BSc (Hons) Physics.
Other courses like BA (Hons) Hindi has 71,185 applications. While BSc (Hons) Computer Science, BA (Hons) Social Work, BA (Hons) Philosophy, BA (Hons) Applied Psychology have 60,884, 59,687, 58,575 and 57,584 applications respectively. Vocational courses like BA(Voc) Human Resource Management and BA (Voc) Tourism Management have 53,207 and 49,378 applications respectively.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | GIRIDIH
A team of Ganday police of Giridih district have arrested three cyber criminals and found 6 mobiles, 3 ATM cards, one cheque book of Bank of India ,and 8 Sim card and other gadgets from them near Raskutta, Jhilwa, Madhupur and Chapri village of Madhupur under Ganday police station on Sunday. The criminals were identified as Naresh Mandal, Nandkishor Mandal and Mahesh Hembram...