Failed suicide bid by bizman from DND bridge
A 52-year-old man jumped off the DND bridge into the water at South-East Delhi's Dakshinpuri on Wednesday. Locals at the spot called police and rescued him immediately.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East district Romil Baaniya said the man who jumped off the bridge has been identified as Sanjay Arora, who has a pipe manufacturing business.
" When he was questioned by police, Arora told them that he had suffered huge loss from the pipe manufacturing business and had lost all hope, so he attempted to commit suicide," said the senior police officer.
After Arora, a resident of Noida, was rescued, his wife was called to the spot.
"His wife was called on the spot and after necessary legal formalities Arora was handed over to his wife Rashmi Arora," said the DCP.
Arora was also taken to the nearby hospital for a routine check-up.
- Town Hall redevelopment: NMC wants PPP to run hotel, museum 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon likely to hit city between June 29 and July 1 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 28-yr-old man held at Nangloi metro station with live bullet 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD OK‚Äôs 7 FOBs, rejects proposal for 3 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites hug, tie green ribbon, pledge to save trees 25 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- BSES fined Rs 20k in 10-yr-old power theft case 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Transfer building department to DDA, traders body suggests Puri 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Jail Chowk-Sohna Chowk diversion plan to ease traffic 25 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Media bodies demand action against Lal Singh for remarks against Kashmiri journalists 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Multiple applications to secure admission taking toll on server 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Recognising the intent and passion of the Central Sarna Committee in safeguarding tribal customs as well as in infusing modern practices into the tribal community, Chief Minister Raghubar Das called upon the people to extend their support to the cause. The Chief Minister, in the same breath, rapped 'anti-national' forces who he alleged are attacking open culture of the community and said that the Government is here to protect the rights...