- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
Failed suicide bid by bizman from DND bridge
A 52-year-old man jumped off the DND bridge into the water at South-East Delhi's Dakshinpuri on Wednesday. Locals at the spot called police and rescued him immediately.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East district Romil Baaniya said the man who jumped off the bridge has been identified as Sanjay Arora, who has a pipe manufacturing business.
" When he was questioned by police, Arora told them that he had suffered huge loss from the pipe manufacturing business and had lost all hope, so he attempted to commit suicide," said the senior police officer.
After Arora, a resident of Noida, was rescued, his wife was called to the spot.
"His wife was called on the spot and after necessary legal formalities Arora was handed over to his wife Rashmi Arora," said the DCP.
Arora was also taken to the nearby hospital for a routine check-up.
- Ex-municipal councillor refutes JNUTA‚Äôs claim 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cricketer-turned-model among two arrested for robberies, snatching 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Teen suspected of having affair with aunt killed by his uncle 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt to launch year-long anti-drug campaign from today 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wrestling coach escapes unhurt after two men open fire at him 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CM to review works after returning from Vipassana course 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ghazipur landfill: NGT raps NHAI for not lifting waste 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Liquor shops near schools to be closed: Sisodia 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISI tried to use fake FB ID to lure officers 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 die while cleaning septic tank: Rampal ashram manager held 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...