- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
FIRs filed in two cases of molestation by cabbies in Gurugram
The Gurugram Police has booked two cab drivers who allegedly molested a woman and a minor girl in two separate incidents. In both the cases, police have registered an FIR and are investigating the matter.
According to police, on Wednesday night, an MNC employee alleged in her complaint to police that on same late night, she had booked an Uber cab as she wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Gurugram Sector-15.
Soon after the booking, she received a call from the driver in which two persons were talking to each other in a suspicious manner. She cancelled her booking and again booked a cab but again the call was received by the same driver and she again cancelled her booking.
The cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing and also threatened her. Soon after the incident she immediately informed police on phone.
"The victim had revealed her ordeal on phone and told her to file her complaint at the police station in writing. Once we received the complaint we will start investigation, said Gaurav Phogat, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Sushant Lok police station.
In the second case, another cab driver Dinesh of Rajasthan molested and stalking a Class XII student.
He was stalking and molested the girl for some time. The victim, however, avoids and also warned him but he is still harassing her.
A case has been registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. Further probe is on and the accused will be arrested soon, Rahul Dev, Station House Officer (SHO), of the Sector-53 police station, said.
- Diwali leaves Gurugram air five times more polluted 21 Oct 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- CIC show cause notice to SDMC 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP seeks better Chhath Puja arrangements from MCD, Govt 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rai gets Yamuna ghats ready for Chhath Puja 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Unidentified body found in West Delhi 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girl dies after falling into mixing plant 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Seven cops suspended for letting EC bribery case accused run free 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Day after dark Diwali, Jamia lights up 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue claims 2 more lives in Capital 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man killed for objecting to lout urinating near him 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a shocking incident captured on a CCTV camera, a minor girl was allegedly attacked by a boy after she resisted his efforts to lewd comments at her at Kurla in north-central Mumbai. The incident took place at 7...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...