- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
FIRs filed in two cases of molestation by cabbies in Gurugram
The Gurugram Police has booked two cab drivers who allegedly molested a woman and a minor girl in two separate incidents. In both the cases, police have registered an FIR and are investigating the matter.
According to police, on Wednesday night, an MNC employee alleged in her complaint to police that on same late night, she had booked an Uber cab as she wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Gurugram Sector-15.
Soon after the booking, she received a call from the driver in which two persons were talking to each other in a suspicious manner. She cancelled her booking and again booked a cab but again the call was received by the same driver and she again cancelled her booking.
The cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing and also threatened her. Soon after the incident she immediately informed police on phone.
"The victim had revealed her ordeal on phone and told her to file her complaint at the police station in writing. Once we received the complaint we will start investigation, said Gaurav Phogat, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Sushant Lok police station.
In the second case, another cab driver Dinesh of Rajasthan molested and stalking a Class XII student.
He was stalking and molested the girl for some time. The victim, however, avoids and also warned him but he is still harassing her.
A case has been registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. Further probe is on and the accused will be arrested soon, Rahul Dev, Station House Officer (SHO), of the Sector-53 police station, said.
- Man shot dead, Tilu-Gogi gang rivalry suspected 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SP ‚Äėinaugurates‚Äô Gzb elevated road before Yogi 17 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
- CISF launches Umang app to help flyers track lost belongings 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CRPF holds workshop on psychiatric diseases 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC releases handbook for primary teachers 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Focus of Central Govt is to transform primary healthcare centres: Min 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNU prof booked for sexual harassment 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old man dies, five hurt after house catches fire 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IndiGo, Spice Jet to partially shift operations to T2 from March 25 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New supplementary exam rules leave students' future at stake 17 Mar 2018 | Abhinav Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...