Fog continues to disrupt air, train services
A blanket of dense fog enveloped the city on Thursday, delaying 14 flights and 60 trains. “The minimum temperature recorded at 8.30 am was 5 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal while the humidity was recorded at 100 per cent,” a MeT official said. The visibility was recorded at 300 metres at 5.30 am which improved to 500 metres at 8.30 am.
Airport officials said 14 flights were delayed. According to a Railway official, 60 trains were running late due to fog, 18 trains had to be rescheduled and 14 cancelled.
The weatherman has predicted a clear afternoon on Friday with maximum temperature at 19 degrees Celsius.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | GIRIDIH
A team of Ganday police of Giridih district have arrested three cyber criminals and found 6 mobiles, 3 ATM cards, one cheque book of Bank of India ,and 8 Sim card and other gadgets from them near Raskutta, Jhilwa, Madhupur and Chapri village of Madhupur under Ganday police station on Sunday. The criminals were identified as Naresh Mandal, Nandkishor Mandal and Mahesh Hembram...