Foreign national use fake papers to enter IGI airport; arrested
In yet another case a foreign national was apprehended for using a forged document to enter Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport. Airport officials said a Ukrainian man was caught after he was found in possession of a fake ticket to enter the terminal area.
The man has been identified by his first name Melnychenko and was intercepted by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel on Sunday as he was about to leave the Terminal-3 building of the IGI Airport, officials said on Monday.
He was stopped and questioned as exiting the terminal area is not usually permitted for passengers, the officials said.
The Ukrainian national told the security personnel that he used a "cancelled" ticket to enter the terminal area to see off his friend, who was travelling to Bishkek, they added.The man was subsequently handed over to the police as his ticket was a fake travel document, the officials said.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...