Forest officials, wildlife experts reach Gr Noida to catch leopard on loose
A team of forest officials and wildlife experts reached Greater Noida to capture a leopard which had strayed into the region some days back. The team is camping near Hindon river in Bheel village in Akbarpur area.
Meanwhile, no attack was reported on Saturday. The entire Greater Noida region is under the grip of fear after two incidents of alleged leopard attacks on cattle were reported three days ago. Locals claimed that a leopard had strayed into the city and killed three cows.
After incidents of attack by leopards on cattle in Pali village of Surajpur on Thursday, the entire region witnessed sparse presence of people in markets and fields. On Friday, another incident was reported from Chuharpur village in Kasna area when a cow was found killed outside a house possibly by a leopard. Mahendrapal, a villager, said they are forced to live in fear since the incident was reported. “Normal life will resume only when the forest department ensnares the big cat,” he said.
KK Singh, Divisional Forest Officer of Gautam Buddh Nagar, said that they have formed several teams along with local police and are searching the forest areas in the region. He said while the beast could be a hyena or a leopard only an autopsy on cattle will conclusively prove the veracity of the conspiracy theorists.
“Since the leopard had strayed in several districts of western Uttar Pradesh earlier, the forest department is taking the matter seriously. The teams are searching every nook and cranny and corrective measures are being taken to foil any attack in future,” said a forest officer. The first such attack was reported Thursday morning when Vijender Valmiki had informed villagers that his cattle had been mauled to death.
- Digital Oz exhibition on Mahatma in April 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Pak must stop ‚Äėeducating' kids terrorism: Moshe's grandpa 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Netanyahu to meet business leaders, pay tributes to 26/11 victims in Mumbai today 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Jawan who held family hostage in UP arrested 18 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Rajini, Haasan share dais amid political buzz 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
- BSF jawan killed as Pak violates ceasefire pact 18 Jan 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- Six-time Maha MLA gets 1 yr jail for assault on constable 18 Jan 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Gadkari asks States to cooperate with each other, Centre 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Notorious criminal shot 18 Jan 2018 | PNS
- No eatery in Hauz Khas Village has building plan, says HC 18 Jan 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jan 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) and Paras Healthcare today announced to run a 300 bedded super speciality hospital providing tertiary care services in the Capital City. A PPP project for the same was signed by CMD, HEC, Avijit Ghosh and MD, Paras Healthcare, Dr Dharminder Nagar on Tuesday...