Four die after consuming illicit liquor in Gzb, 1 critical
Four people died while another was admitted to hospital in critical condition after consuming illicit liquor in Ghaziabad on Tuesday. The incident took place at Khoda residential locality of Ghaziabad bordering the national Capital.
The deceased were identified as Sandeep (18), Avneesh (25), Ashok Kumar (45), and Ravinder who died during treatment in the hospital. The fifth victim, identified as Shri Niwas, is said to be critical. Sandeep and Avneesh were relatives and the postmortem of all the victims is yet to be conducted.
According to police, the incident came to light in the wee hours of Tuesday when an anonymous caller informed the police that several persons fell sick after consuming illicit liquor allegedly brought from an unauthorised vend at a park in the locality.
After the report, senior police and civil officers -- including SP City, SSP and District Magistrate, rushed to the spot and sent the victims to nearby Lal Bahadur Sashtri Hospital in Delhi.
SP City Akash Tomar said that the caller said that they all consumed the liquor till midnight.
Meanwhile, the police conducted search in the locality to find out those who have consumed the illicit liquor to facilitate them in providing medical aid.
Police said that consumption of illicit liquor is quite common in this slum locality.
Following the incident, SSP HN Singh suspended four police men SHO Dhruv Bhushan Dubey, area police post incharge Ram Samajh Rana and two beat constables Rajvir Singh and Mohd Asgari.
Rescue operation and door to door search is being made by the police to track all vicitims in the area, said a police officer.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...