- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Four die after consuming illicit liquor in Gzb, 1 critical
Four people died while another was admitted to hospital in critical condition after consuming illicit liquor in Ghaziabad on Tuesday. The incident took place at Khoda residential locality of Ghaziabad bordering the national Capital.
The deceased were identified as Sandeep (18), Avneesh (25), Ashok Kumar (45), and Ravinder who died during treatment in the hospital. The fifth victim, identified as Shri Niwas, is said to be critical. Sandeep and Avneesh were relatives and the postmortem of all the victims is yet to be conducted.
According to police, the incident came to light in the wee hours of Tuesday when an anonymous caller informed the police that several persons fell sick after consuming illicit liquor allegedly brought from an unauthorised vend at a park in the locality.
After the report, senior police and civil officers -- including SP City, SSP and District Magistrate, rushed to the spot and sent the victims to nearby Lal Bahadur Sashtri Hospital in Delhi.
SP City Akash Tomar said that the caller said that they all consumed the liquor till midnight.
Meanwhile, the police conducted search in the locality to find out those who have consumed the illicit liquor to facilitate them in providing medical aid.
Police said that consumption of illicit liquor is quite common in this slum locality.
Following the incident, SSP HN Singh suspended four police men SHO Dhruv Bhushan Dubey, area police post incharge Ram Samajh Rana and two beat constables Rajvir Singh and Mohd Asgari.
Rescue operation and door to door search is being made by the police to track all vicitims in the area, said a police officer.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...