Gang of burglars busted; 2 bikes, one countrymade pistol found
North-East district police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of burglars and recovered two motorcycles, one countrymade pistol with two live cartridges, three switchblades and 11 mobile phones.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) North-East district, DR AK Singla said that four persons namely, Saurab (25), Paras (32), Naseem (29) and Sanjay were apprehended by a police team on Sunday after the detectives of Delhi Police received information about the group of individuals who perpetrate crime with weapons to loot the people were approaching the area of Sonia Vihar. A team of six policemen headed by Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Vats under the supervision of ACP Sudhir Kumar was then formed to bring the culprits to justice, the DCP said.
Riding on two snaffled motorcycles, the four youths were seen coming from Tronica City side of Yamuna Pusta. When signaled to stop, the criminals denied to abide by it and tried to abscond, following which the officials managed to overpower them after a brief chase, Dr Singla said.
During interrogation, the accused persons confessed that they used to break open houses and steal cash and jewellery especially during the late hours. It was further found that they used stolen motorcycles for the effectuation of crimes.
Cases under section 25 Arms Act have been registered and all accused are now under the custody of Delhi Police and the weapon has been procured from Loni by Sanjay. Further investigation is still in progress and certain possessions are yet to be recovered, the DCP added.
- Trend of ignoring mother languages by terming them dialect: NCERT prof 22 Feb 2018 | Abhinav Singh
- ‚ÄėWestern neighbour behind influx of Bangladeshis into N-E‚Äô 22 Feb 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Kidnapped 14-yr-old girl rescued in 24 hrs from Rajasthan 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Class VII student of Gurugram school threatens to rape teacher, her minor daughter in FB post 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Man films girl while bathing, held 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia approves setting-up of Ist Innovation Centre for city 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP demands police action against Kejriwal, Sisodia 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Business as usual at Secretariat 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dalit, Muslim MLAs targeted: AAP 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal submits report to MHA 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Nishatpura police have booked six persons for assaulting a 26-year-old youth near Munmun marriage hall late in the evening on Tuesday. The victim Anil Mongia was beaten brutally after having a dispute with Suraj over playing DJ at the marriage venue...