Gang of burglars busted; 2 bikes, one countrymade pistol found
North-East district police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of burglars and recovered two motorcycles, one countrymade pistol with two live cartridges, three switchblades and 11 mobile phones.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) North-East district, DR AK Singla said that four persons namely, Saurab (25), Paras (32), Naseem (29) and Sanjay were apprehended by a police team on Sunday after the detectives of Delhi Police received information about the group of individuals who perpetrate crime with weapons to loot the people were approaching the area of Sonia Vihar. A team of six policemen headed by Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Vats under the supervision of ACP Sudhir Kumar was then formed to bring the culprits to justice, the DCP said.
Riding on two snaffled motorcycles, the four youths were seen coming from Tronica City side of Yamuna Pusta. When signaled to stop, the criminals denied to abide by it and tried to abscond, following which the officials managed to overpower them after a brief chase, Dr Singla said.
During interrogation, the accused persons confessed that they used to break open houses and steal cash and jewellery especially during the late hours. It was further found that they used stolen motorcycles for the effectuation of crimes.
Cases under section 25 Arms Act have been registered and all accused are now under the custody of Delhi Police and the weapon has been procured from Loni by Sanjay. Further investigation is still in progress and certain possessions are yet to be recovered, the DCP added.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...