Gang of burglars busted; 2 bikes, one countrymade pistol found
North-East district police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of burglars and recovered two motorcycles, one countrymade pistol with two live cartridges, three switchblades and 11 mobile phones.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) North-East district, DR AK Singla said that four persons namely, Saurab (25), Paras (32), Naseem (29) and Sanjay were apprehended by a police team on Sunday after the detectives of Delhi Police received information about the group of individuals who perpetrate crime with weapons to loot the people were approaching the area of Sonia Vihar. A team of six policemen headed by Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Vats under the supervision of ACP Sudhir Kumar was then formed to bring the culprits to justice, the DCP said.
Riding on two snaffled motorcycles, the four youths were seen coming from Tronica City side of Yamuna Pusta. When signaled to stop, the criminals denied to abide by it and tried to abscond, following which the officials managed to overpower them after a brief chase, Dr Singla said.
During interrogation, the accused persons confessed that they used to break open houses and steal cash and jewellery especially during the late hours. It was further found that they used stolen motorcycles for the effectuation of crimes.
Cases under section 25 Arms Act have been registered and all accused are now under the custody of Delhi Police and the weapon has been procured from Loni by Sanjay. Further investigation is still in progress and certain possessions are yet to be recovered, the DCP added.
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- G‚Äôgram launches sanitation app Swachh Map 23 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Sisodia accuses Baijal of blocking Govt‚Äôs higher education loan scheme 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Two-day job fair at Thyagaraj Stadium from November 7 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Tight security for G‚Äôgram civic polls on Sept 24 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CM reviews schemes for SCs, STs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Society must create awareness on crime against women 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Sep 2017 | PNS | New Delhi
Migraine week at Orchid Orchid Medical Centre observed Migraine Week last week during which senior Neurologist Dr Ujjwal Roy gave free treatment to 54 migraine affected patients and said that if someone has long time headache or he has undergone changes in it, must consult a doctor as it could be secondary headache. He said that treatment from Botox injection could lead to 90 per cent release from migraine...