Gang of burglars busted; 2 bikes, one countrymade pistol found
North-East district police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of burglars and recovered two motorcycles, one countrymade pistol with two live cartridges, three switchblades and 11 mobile phones.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) North-East district, DR AK Singla said that four persons namely, Saurab (25), Paras (32), Naseem (29) and Sanjay were apprehended by a police team on Sunday after the detectives of Delhi Police received information about the group of individuals who perpetrate crime with weapons to loot the people were approaching the area of Sonia Vihar. A team of six policemen headed by Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Vats under the supervision of ACP Sudhir Kumar was then formed to bring the culprits to justice, the DCP said.
Riding on two snaffled motorcycles, the four youths were seen coming from Tronica City side of Yamuna Pusta. When signaled to stop, the criminals denied to abide by it and tried to abscond, following which the officials managed to overpower them after a brief chase, Dr Singla said.
During interrogation, the accused persons confessed that they used to break open houses and steal cash and jewellery especially during the late hours. It was further found that they used stolen motorcycles for the effectuation of crimes.
Cases under section 25 Arms Act have been registered and all accused are now under the custody of Delhi Police and the weapon has been procured from Loni by Sanjay. Further investigation is still in progress and certain possessions are yet to be recovered, the DCP added.
- Extend exemption granted to illegal constructions: Delhi BJP to Centre 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IWPC flags police apathy in ITO molestation case 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Night shelters bring comfort to homeless in city 21 Nov 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- Spurt in vector-borne disease exposes civic bodies' apathy, feel residents 21 Nov 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- EDMC ropes in IIT-Delhi to stabilise Ghazipur Landfill 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Air quality slips to ‚Äėred' zone again 21 Nov 2017 | Sapna Singh
- JNU‚Äôs School of Biotech devises methodology for water-based herbicides 21 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- DDA allots 12 acres of land in Rohini for new bus depot 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Engineer held at IGIA for thrashing Indigo staff 21 Nov 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- 50 phones,11 sim cards, 11 chargers, batteries recovered in Bhondsi jail 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
DG of SCOPE visits HEC Director General of Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) Dr U D Choubey visited HEC Ltd on Monday and had interaction with HEC CMD Avijit Ghosh and senior officials. A presentation was made before Dr Choubey about HEC highlighting the activities and prestigious orders carried out by HEC...