Gang of burglars busted; 2 bikes, one countrymade pistol found
North-East district police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of burglars and recovered two motorcycles, one countrymade pistol with two live cartridges, three switchblades and 11 mobile phones.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) North-East district, DR AK Singla said that four persons namely, Saurab (25), Paras (32), Naseem (29) and Sanjay were apprehended by a police team on Sunday after the detectives of Delhi Police received information about the group of individuals who perpetrate crime with weapons to loot the people were approaching the area of Sonia Vihar. A team of six policemen headed by Station House Officer (SHO) Subhash Vats under the supervision of ACP Sudhir Kumar was then formed to bring the culprits to justice, the DCP said.
Riding on two snaffled motorcycles, the four youths were seen coming from Tronica City side of Yamuna Pusta. When signaled to stop, the criminals denied to abide by it and tried to abscond, following which the officials managed to overpower them after a brief chase, Dr Singla said.
During interrogation, the accused persons confessed that they used to break open houses and steal cash and jewellery especially during the late hours. It was further found that they used stolen motorcycles for the effectuation of crimes.
Cases under section 25 Arms Act have been registered and all accused are now under the custody of Delhi Police and the weapon has been procured from Loni by Sanjay. Further investigation is still in progress and certain possessions are yet to be recovered, the DCP added.
- 4,700 take admissions to DU colleges in 2 days 21 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Cong declares pamphlet war on BJP, AAP 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejri takes ill, may join naturopathy course in Bengaluru 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dalai Lama to launch happiness curriculum on July 2: Sisodia 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal cold-shoulders Khaira, refuses to meet 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) delegation led by its national president Amar Parwani called on Chief Minister Raman Singh at his official residence. The delegation thanked Chief Minister for providing relief in E-Way Bill and termed it as a big relief for industries and traders of state...