GDA all set to speed up its pending projects
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA), which has availed a Rs 700 crore loan from Housing & Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO), is set to speed up its pending projects.
"We have decided to acquire Sahara and farmers’ 281 acre land adjoining Madhban Bapudham mega residential project. After this acquisition, the authority would have sufficient land pool on which the GDA would plan future projects" said GDA Vice Chairperson Kanchan Verma.
Verma further said, "Although the HUDCO has sanctioned Rs 700 crore but we will avail only Rs 500 core from them so that the interest is not levied on us for the entire sanctioned amount. We have avenues to speed up our other projects of flyovers at NH-58 for Raj Nagar Extension and Vasundhara flyover."
"We have other sources of funds now since NCR board would provide us Rs 250 crore and our Rs 50 crore is lying with collector for land acquisition. The total funds with us would be over Rs 800/- after this sanction from HUDCO added Vice Chairperson of GDA.
The metro line work, which is lying pending for the installation of block at new bus stand, would also speed up after the Delhi Government have cleared to divert power to them for about a month after the transmission department is set to install a tower on irrigation land near Ghazipur at UP gate. The railway also have cleared to lay block over railway track which have been lying pending for the clearance for elevated road, Verma added.
"I am satisfied that before going on study leave to London School of Economics for a year on September 16, 2017, all pending projects are getting clearance from concern departments so that the GDA projects would be on track to sum up at the earliest," said the officer.
- Town Hall redevelopment: NMC wants PPP to run hotel, museum 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon likely to hit city between June 29 and July 1 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 28-yr-old man held at Nangloi metro station with live bullet 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD OK‚Äôs 7 FOBs, rejects proposal for 3 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites hug, tie green ribbon, pledge to save trees 25 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- BSES fined Rs 20k in 10-yr-old power theft case 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Transfer building department to DDA, traders body suggests Puri 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Jail Chowk-Sohna Chowk diversion plan to ease traffic 25 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Media bodies demand action against Lal Singh for remarks against Kashmiri journalists 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Multiple applications to secure admission taking toll on server 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Recognising the intent and passion of the Central Sarna Committee in safeguarding tribal customs as well as in infusing modern practices into the tribal community, Chief Minister Raghubar Das called upon the people to extend their support to the cause. The Chief Minister, in the same breath, rapped 'anti-national' forces who he alleged are attacking open culture of the community and said that the Government is here to protect the rights...