- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
GDA all set to speed up its pending projects
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA), which has availed a Rs 700 crore loan from Housing & Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO), is set to speed up its pending projects.
"We have decided to acquire Sahara and farmers’ 281 acre land adjoining Madhban Bapudham mega residential project. After this acquisition, the authority would have sufficient land pool on which the GDA would plan future projects" said GDA Vice Chairperson Kanchan Verma.
Verma further said, "Although the HUDCO has sanctioned Rs 700 crore but we will avail only Rs 500 core from them so that the interest is not levied on us for the entire sanctioned amount. We have avenues to speed up our other projects of flyovers at NH-58 for Raj Nagar Extension and Vasundhara flyover."
"We have other sources of funds now since NCR board would provide us Rs 250 crore and our Rs 50 crore is lying with collector for land acquisition. The total funds with us would be over Rs 800/- after this sanction from HUDCO added Vice Chairperson of GDA.
The metro line work, which is lying pending for the installation of block at new bus stand, would also speed up after the Delhi Government have cleared to divert power to them for about a month after the transmission department is set to install a tower on irrigation land near Ghazipur at UP gate. The railway also have cleared to lay block over railway track which have been lying pending for the clearance for elevated road, Verma added.
"I am satisfied that before going on study leave to London School of Economics for a year on September 16, 2017, all pending projects are getting clearance from concern departments so that the GDA projects would be on track to sum up at the earliest," said the officer.
- Ex-municipal councillor refutes JNUTA‚Äôs claim 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cricketer-turned-model among two arrested for robberies, snatching 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Teen suspected of having affair with aunt killed by his uncle 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt to launch year-long anti-drug campaign from today 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wrestling coach escapes unhurt after two men open fire at him 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CM to review works after returning from Vipassana course 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ghazipur landfill: NGT raps NHAI for not lifting waste 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Liquor shops near schools to be closed: Sisodia 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISI tried to use fake FB ID to lure officers 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 die while cleaning septic tank: Rampal ashram manager held 20 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...