- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
GDA all set to speed up its pending projects
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA), which has availed a Rs 700 crore loan from Housing & Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO), is set to speed up its pending projects.
"We have decided to acquire Sahara and farmers’ 281 acre land adjoining Madhban Bapudham mega residential project. After this acquisition, the authority would have sufficient land pool on which the GDA would plan future projects" said GDA Vice Chairperson Kanchan Verma.
Verma further said, "Although the HUDCO has sanctioned Rs 700 crore but we will avail only Rs 500 core from them so that the interest is not levied on us for the entire sanctioned amount. We have avenues to speed up our other projects of flyovers at NH-58 for Raj Nagar Extension and Vasundhara flyover."
"We have other sources of funds now since NCR board would provide us Rs 250 crore and our Rs 50 crore is lying with collector for land acquisition. The total funds with us would be over Rs 800/- after this sanction from HUDCO added Vice Chairperson of GDA.
The metro line work, which is lying pending for the installation of block at new bus stand, would also speed up after the Delhi Government have cleared to divert power to them for about a month after the transmission department is set to install a tower on irrigation land near Ghazipur at UP gate. The railway also have cleared to lay block over railway track which have been lying pending for the clearance for elevated road, Verma added.
"I am satisfied that before going on study leave to London School of Economics for a year on September 16, 2017, all pending projects are getting clearance from concern departments so that the GDA projects would be on track to sum up at the earliest," said the officer.
- Woman, husband declared absconder 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders take out march against AAP Government 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 46 more properties sealed in North Delhi 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear day ahead, says MeT official 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old man found dead with throat slit 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 150-bed multispecialty children's hospital inaugurated 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ammonia in Yamuna: NGT directs Delhi, Haryana to resolve issue 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi begins trial of anti-pollution towers 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make city green to curb pollution, says Sisodia 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No steps taken to curb sexual exploitation: Gupta 17 Feb 2018 | SR
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...