Govt ropes in NGOs, corporates to deal with school dropouts crisis
In its bid to include children, who are either school dropouts or are out-of-school, into the mainstream education system, the Delhi Government has planned to engage Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and corporate houses in its effort.
For this purpose, the Delhi Government has invited proposals from NGOs and corporates to run "special training centres" for out-of-school children and dropouts so as to prepare them for age-appropriate mainstream education.
The funding for these children lying in the age group of 6 to 14 years will be provided under the Universal Elementary Education Mission (UEEM)'s Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
According to the officials of the education department, after inviting proposals a visit will be made to the facilities in order to determine their proficiency for the job.
"Interested NGOs and corporates can submit their applications to the Education department by April 28, following which visits will be made to the existing facilities to gauge their proficiency," a senior Directorate of Education (DoE) official said.
Official informed that proposals would be screened on different parameters only after which they would be considered for grant-in-aid.
"All the proposals received will be screened by the screening committee on the basis of credibility, capability and documents. The recommended proposals will be placed before the competent authority and the grant-in aid committee for further approval," the official added.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...