Gurugram casino run by dirty cop busted; 43 held
The Gurugram Police on Wednesday busted an illegal casino being run by a suspended Haryana Police constable in the upmarket South City-1 and arrested 43 people, including four women staffers. Police recovered Rs 22,44,000, 4 American Dollars, a country-made pistol, 4 live cartridges, a casino machine, cards, 48 branded liquor bottles, a currency counting machine, 210 tokens and 3 laptops from the house.
The accused, running the illegal casino, have been identified as Paramjeet Singh the suspended constable of Haryana Police and a resident of Jhajjar district in Haryana and Kapil, a resident of Sector-40 Gurugram.
According to police, Paramjeet was part of the police team that had killed Gurugram gangster Sandeep Gadoli last year. Paramjeeet was on the run with his service pistol since then. The weapon recovered is the service pistol allotted to accused Paramjeet before he absconded after Gadoli’s killing.
Both the accused were operating this racket from a rented accommodation for the last two days and he had hired four girls for this purpose.
Acting on a tip-off, several police teams under the overall supervision of Station House Officer (SHO) Sector-40 Sudhir Kumar mounted a raid at the South City-1 “K” on Wednesday night and arrested the accused.
The building had a restricted entry of rich and influential and the entire premises were under the watch of CCTV cameras. The customers visiting the casino were served branded liquor and meals, police said.
“The cash counting machine found from the premises suggest that there must have been heavy transactions. Further probe is underway as we are trying to ascertain their modus operendi of contacting clients,” said the SHO.
A case under various Sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including Excise, Arms and the Gambling Act, has been registered against them at Sector-40 Police Station.
- Various road infra projects announced 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP: AAP less focussed on Budget, more on heaping critical comments on L-G 23 Mar 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Budget 2017-18 hollow with manipulated statistics: Maken 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rs 5,145 cr for transport sector, DTC fleet to get 1K buses 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Water supply, sewage treatment to get Rs 2,777cr 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Major relief to MCDs with Rs 6,903 cr 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Rs 6,279 cr for health sector proposed, UHIS on cards 23 Mar 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Kejriwal: Govt will take development to every house in Capital 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 26% allocated for education 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Woman hired gang to throw acid on her female partner 23 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...