- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Gurugram farmhouse labourer murdered, caretaker arrested
A 20-year-old labourer of a farmhouse in Garhi Village was allegedly killed by the caretaker of the farmhouse in Gurugram. The body was recovered on Sunday early morning from the farmhouse.
According to police, the farmhouse owned by a Delhi resident was looked after by Somvir the accused. The accused was out on bail in another murder case lodged against him at Baba Haridas Nagar, Delhi.
The victim has been identified as Sonu and worked as labourer at the farmhouse. On Sunday night he was asking for his salary from the accused as he wanted to go back to his native place. In a fit of rage, Somvir slit his throat with a sharp weapon and dumped the body at the farmhouse and escaped from the spot, police said.
On Sunday around 2 am, the Sarpanch of the village notice the body in a pool of blood and informed the police. Police team reached the spot and took the custody of the body and a murder case was filed against the culprit under relevant sections of the IPC at Sector-10A police station. Later police have arrested the accused person.
"During the investigation, we came to know that the accused has some sociological problem," said Sandeep Kumar, SHO of Sector-10A police station.
- Tiwari, BJP MPs meet Puri over sealing drive 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Disqualification won‚Äôt arise unless gains proved: AAP MLAs 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Max Hospital case: DMC panel hearing in early March 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Girl hit by truck near construction site dies 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Mission Buniyad to help Govt schools‚Äô students improve 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt uses anti-smog gun to shoot down air pollution 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Inter-State drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 20 crore seized 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 men blind cops with chilli, free prisoner 20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Upset with sealing, traders call for privatising DDA, civic bodies 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Before changing Master Plan, consider impact on environment: HC 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said that the fight in Madhya Pradesh is not between BJP and Congress but the ruling party against the citizens. Before participating in the Samajik Chetna rally, talking to media persons here on Monday, Patel said, “Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh is called Mama (uncle) but we don’t want a Shakuni Mama...