Gzb civic body brutalised monkeys in garb of relocating, kept in cages
The Municipal Corporation of Ghaziabad has been accused of treating monkeys in a brutal way in the name of relocating the simian population. Corporation officials gave a contract to a private person for catching monkeys and to relocate them in the forest. However, the contractor in his bid to cut cost, packed monkeys in an iron cage in Hindon Vihar area.
According to Ashima Sharma the president of People For Animals (PFA), hapless monkeys were found huddled. “I got a call about monkeys stuffed in a cage. I rushed to the spot and ensured that monkeys were put in a bigger cage. “I found poor monkeys stuffed in a cage fighting and injuring each other and squealing in pain”, Sharma added.
“Innocent animals were biting each other in irritation, Many of them were found in badly wounded condition and some had died of hunger and thirst.Female monkeys with babies were found in very critical condition” she said.
Meanwhile, the Municipal Commissioner of Ghaziabad chandra Prakash Singh has agreed to send all injured animals and monkeys with babies at our PFA Shelter for treatment. He has also assured to take action against the contractor ( monkey catcher) whohas done this cruel act. Healthy monkeys are now being released and sent to Bijnor, Sharma said.
“I have directed my officials to summon the concerned contractor and action will taken” said Municipal Commissioner CP Singh.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | GIRIDIH
A team of Ganday police of Giridih district have arrested three cyber criminals and found 6 mobiles, 3 ATM cards, one cheque book of Bank of India ,and 8 Sim card and other gadgets from them near Raskutta, Jhilwa, Madhupur and Chapri village of Madhupur under Ganday police station on Sunday. The criminals were identified as Naresh Mandal, Nandkishor Mandal and Mahesh Hembram...