Hauz Khas interchange facility to slash travel time to S Delhi
As a major boon to scores of commuters heading towards South Delhi colonies, the upcoming interchange Metro station at Hauz Khas will slash their travel time by approximately one hour.
Currently, a Metro journey from HUDA City Centre to Botanical Garden in Noida takes about 1.5 hours with the interchange at Rajiv Chowk. This travel time will be slashed to 50 minutes with the interchange facility at Hauz Khas Metro station between the present Yellow Line (Jahangirpuri to Huda City Centre) and the upcoming line from Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden in Noida.
The new interchange station will also help in decongesting the Rajiv Chowk Metro station, which registers a footfall of about 5 lakh commuters every day. With the inauguration of interchange facility at Hauz Khas, passengers will not have to go to Rajiv Chowk to change trains in order to reach South Extension, Lajpat Nagar and AIIMS.
The station is being constructed as part of the ambitious Phase III network of Delhi Metro, which will expand the current Metro network by over 120 km.
The Detailed Project Report (DPR) pegs the footfall of the interchange station of about 1,69,414 by 2016. At present, Hauz Khas Metro station, which is the part of the Yellow Line, registers a footfall of 40,000 passengers daily.
“A new station will come up at Hauz Khas, which is being connected to the present station through a ramp. The present one starts near the Laxman Public school and proceeds almost to the median of the Outer Ring Road. There will be a paid area to paid area connectivity between the upcoming station at Hauz Khas and the old Hauz Khas stations,” said a spokesperson with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
boon for NCR metro commuters
Metro commuters, shuttling between Gurgaon, Noida and South Delhi localities such as Nehru Place, Kalkaji and others, will not have to go to Rajiv Chowk to change trains as they will be able to change trains at Hauz Khas directly. The upcoming junction station will allow passengers coming from Gurgaon, on the present Yellow Line to take a direct train to Botanical Garden in Noida from hauz Khas Metro station. This will not only reduce the travel time drastically, but will also provide a direct link for thousands of commuters from NCR towns to Delhi.
- Metro staff threaten shutdown on July 24 if salary not hiked 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Deoli MLA Jarwal booked for alleged molestation 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt schools to form alumni associations 22 Jul 2017 | SR
- De-seal suite where Sunanda was found dead: Court 22 Jul 2017 | SR
- Will replace 2 L conventional street lights with LEDs: NMC 22 Jul 2017 | VINAYAK AZAD/SHRADHA WADHWA
- DDA to call bids for building integrated cities at Dwarka, Narela 22 Jul 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- GST on food items: Hussain holds meeting with officials 21 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- SIT decides to close case due to ‚Äėlack of evidence‚Äô 21 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Foreign funding case: HC gives 6 weeks to Centre for action against parties 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- CM directs education dept to look into sanitation system in Govt schools 21 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
The district administration has begun preparations for the district-level Independence Day function. Garhwa Deputy Commissioner Neha Arora on Thursday convened a meeting with officials of various departments and citizens at conference hall...