Hauz Khas interchange facility to slash travel time to S Delhi
As a major boon to scores of commuters heading towards South Delhi colonies, the upcoming interchange Metro station at Hauz Khas will slash their travel time by approximately one hour.
Currently, a Metro journey from HUDA City Centre to Botanical Garden in Noida takes about 1.5 hours with the interchange at Rajiv Chowk. This travel time will be slashed to 50 minutes with the interchange facility at Hauz Khas Metro station between the present Yellow Line (Jahangirpuri to Huda City Centre) and the upcoming line from Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden in Noida.
The new interchange station will also help in decongesting the Rajiv Chowk Metro station, which registers a footfall of about 5 lakh commuters every day. With the inauguration of interchange facility at Hauz Khas, passengers will not have to go to Rajiv Chowk to change trains in order to reach South Extension, Lajpat Nagar and AIIMS.
The station is being constructed as part of the ambitious Phase III network of Delhi Metro, which will expand the current Metro network by over 120 km.
The Detailed Project Report (DPR) pegs the footfall of the interchange station of about 1,69,414 by 2016. At present, Hauz Khas Metro station, which is the part of the Yellow Line, registers a footfall of 40,000 passengers daily.
“A new station will come up at Hauz Khas, which is being connected to the present station through a ramp. The present one starts near the Laxman Public school and proceeds almost to the median of the Outer Ring Road. There will be a paid area to paid area connectivity between the upcoming station at Hauz Khas and the old Hauz Khas stations,” said a spokesperson with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
boon for NCR metro commuters
Metro commuters, shuttling between Gurgaon, Noida and South Delhi localities such as Nehru Place, Kalkaji and others, will not have to go to Rajiv Chowk to change trains as they will be able to change trains at Hauz Khas directly. The upcoming junction station will allow passengers coming from Gurgaon, on the present Yellow Line to take a direct train to Botanical Garden in Noida from hauz Khas Metro station. This will not only reduce the travel time drastically, but will also provide a direct link for thousands of commuters from NCR towns to Delhi.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...