Hearing on plea seeking FIR against Min Satyendar, 3 PWD officers deferred
A city court deferred hearing on a plea seeking FIR against Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain and three PWD officers alleging irregularities of over Rs 90 crore in awarding contracts for road and drain works in Delhi. The matter was adjourned for December 12 as Metropolitan Magistrate Abhilash Malhotra, who had kept it for hearing the complainant's arguments on Wednesday, had to leave the court premises to conduct test identification parade (TIP) at Tihar Jail. The court had on December 1 admitted the plea and kept it for consideration after the counsel for complainant Rahul Sharma briefed the court on the case.
The plea filed by Sharma, founder of NGO Road Anti- Corruption Organisation, has alleged that during 2014-17, officials of Delhi Government's Public Works Department (PWD) had allocated contracts for their pecuniary benefits as well as that of contractors for the work "which never got completed whereas shockingly all payments have been cleared".
The complaint, filed through advocate Kislay Pandey, also alleged irregularities in 125 matters of construction of roads, drains and other maintenance work with an estimated cost of more than of Rs 90 crore.
The plea has sought a probe into Jain's role in causing gain to contractors allegedly by using ministerial influence and prosecution of PWD officials — Anil Trehan, executive engineer, Mukesh Kumar, superintending engineer and Eesh Kumar Anand, accountant, for the alleged offences of criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...