Heroin worth Rs 20cr seized, 3 arrested
Delhi Police Special Cell arrested three members of a drug cartel and recovered 5 kg of fine quality heroin worth more than Rs 20 crore in the international market.
Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Special Cell, said, "The three accused were identified as Shakeel (30), Irshad (29) and Jitender Yadav (23)."
The officer said in 2018, the Cell has far recovered more than 58.5 kgs of fine quality heroin amounting to more than 234 crores in international market apart from other narcotic drugs including 45 kgs of Opium, 602 kgs of cannabis, etc
Police said Shakeel and Irshad, along with their other active associates, procured contraband from drug suppliers of Jharkhand and Manipur. "There are certain areas in Jharkhand, especially Naxal-affected areas around Chatra district, and hill terrains of Manipur where persons cultivate opium illegally and process it into pure form of heroin and transport the drugs in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh through carriers," said Yadav. Shakeel, Irshad and other drug dealers procured heroin in pure form from Manipur and Jharkhand.
The accused disclosed that they also procured heroin in raw/crude form and further processed it into pure heroin in their secret hideouts in Bareilly and nearby areas of Uttar Pradesh.
"Shakeel disclosed that he along with Irshad also visited Jharkhand and Manipur personally to meet with their suppliers and finalize the deal in order to avoid interception of communication through mobile phones by law enforcing agencies. Further, while proceeding for procuring consignment of drugs they de-boarded the train midway and further travelled by other transport means in order to hoodwink the the law enforcement agencies," added Yadav.
Based on a tip off, the three were caught on May 15 from near BC Colony, Kela Godam Road, Shalimar Bagh in Northwest Delhi.
- Youth Congress protests against fuel price hike 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sehwag, Bhaichung, Dahiya keen to run free sports coaching in city schools 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No gift please for our performing duties, say HC judges 24 May 2018 | PTI
- NGT slaps Rs 2-lakh fine on Railways 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Body of man with multiple injuries found in Okhla 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 81 vehicles impounded, several structures razed 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP questions BJP, L-G 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3-member panel to probe IRS officer‚Äôs charge 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia summoned in CS assault case 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP launches app for aspirants 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...