Hope Kejriwal join probe without politicising it: LoP
The Delhi BJP expressed hope that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal would join the police probe into Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash assault case without "indulging in politics".
The "conspiracy" of assault on Prakash was "hatched" at Kejriwal's residence so it is not surprising that he was to be questioned by the police, alleged Vijender Gupta, BJP legislator and Leader of Opposition (LOP) in the Delhi Assembly. The Delhi Police on Wednesday sent a notice to Kejriwal, asking him to join investigation in connection with the alleged assault on the Chief Secretary.
"The Chief Minister should cooperate in investigation instead of indulging in politics over it," Gupta said. He also criticised the Delhi Police for delaying the questioning of Kejriwal in connection with the case. "It is a delayed step by the police. I fail to understand why police was hesitant in questioning him," LOP said.
Last month, Kejriwal's private secretary Bibhav Kumar and party volunteer Vivek Kumar were also questioned in connection with the case.
Police have already questioned 11 AAP MLAs who were present at the chief minister's residence for the meeting on February 19 in which Prakash was allegedly attacked. Kejriwal, his former advisor V K Jain and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia were also present there. The alleged assault on the chief secretary had triggered a bitter tussle between the Delhi Government and its bureaucracy.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...