- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Judicial custody of Shabir Shah, Wani extended by 2 weeks
A Delhi court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah and an alleged hawala dealer by two weeks in a decade-old money laundering case. Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma extended the custody of Shah and Mohammad Aslam Wani till September 27 when they were produced before the court through video-conferencing after expiry of their earliercustody.
During the arguments, Shah’s advocate MS Khan told the court his client was not given proper medical and other necessary facilities in the jail. The court has sought a reply from the authorities concerned on Khan’s submission.
Shah was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate on July 26, a day after several Hurriyat leaders were taken into custody of the National Investigating Agency (NIA) in a case of alleged terror funding in the Valley.
- Allahabad HC Judge named as chairperson of DERC 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Four fake CBI officers arrested in Ghaziabad 23 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Metro‚Äôs Mundka-Bahadur Garh stretch to open on June 24 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Seven-member panel to look into issues faced by transgenders soon 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- EDMC gets SKOCH awards under solid waste mgmt category 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Govt bags four SKOCH Order-of-Merit awards 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Anil Baijal releases report on women safety 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi sees lowest load-shedding for June in 3 years 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tiwari expresses gratitude to Central Govt for providing relief to traders 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman held for carrying live bullets at IGI Airport 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...