- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
L-G hold talks for green, clean Delhi
In a bid to make national Capital "clean and green", Lieutenant-Governor (LG) Anil Baijal held detailed deliberations with the representatives of civic agencies on Monday. The L-G also stated that Open Defecation Free (ODF) Delhi must the remain top focus and it should be completed by June 30, 2018.
According to a statement issued by the Rajniwas, "From vertical gardens at flyovers, to massive plantation exercise on Delhi Development Authority (DDA) land and comprehensive plans with Municipal Corporation with power department in residential sector were discussed".
"There is a need of extensive IEC campaign for promoting the use of Solar Energy, so that the residents can be made aware about various benefits and incentives", LG told the officials.
The L-G asked the three municipal commissioners of civic agencies about the measures that have been taken regarding ODF, Waste Management, procurement of equipments, cleanliness, sanitation, redevelopment of markets and other important issues of MCDs in Delhi, they said.
The L-G also directed the DDA to take up plantation exercise on a large scale and stressed that vacant Gram Sabha lands to be developed as green parks so that our focus should be on Green Delhi.
Baijal also directed Power Department to prepare a comprehensive plan with Municipal Corporations for Roof Top Solar PV system in residential sector.
"Schools, Hospital and offices should be given top priority while making the plan. For an extensive IEC campaign for promoting the use of Solar Energy, the residents should be made aware about the various benefits and incentives available in its adoption," quoted an official said.
- JNU to study N-E tribals‚Äô traditional knowledge 24 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- No report of crop residue burning in city: Govt to NGT 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Crackdown on illicit liquor sale: 45 held in 19 days 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- All police stations to be under CCTV watch, HC told 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Civic bodies seal 52 shops for building rule violations 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dengue spreads tentacles in city, 26 cases reported 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DDA gives in-principle nod to allot 2 sites 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tata power announces 50% cash back for 7 months on payments via Paytm 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gangster Balraj Bhati gunned down in Noida 24 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- District committee approves Rs 216-cr Budget for Ghaziabad development 24 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...