Look-out circular against Dinakaran
A team of Delhi Police Crime Branch reached Chennai to question and serve summons on TTV Dinakaran, the Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK in connection with the bid to bribe Election Commission officials to get the “Two Leaves” symbol for his faction. Police sources said that a team of Crime Branch sleuths boarded an IndiGo flight to Chennai at 5 pm on Wednesday.
Delhi Police have on the other hand issued a Look-Out circular against Dhinakaran. The notice has been issued to ensure that Dhinakara was not able to fly to some foreign country to escape interrogation. Meanwhile, the police sources said that a police team has been sent to Bengaluru to dig out evidence against Dhinakaran, who has been named in the First Information Report (FIR).
A senior investigator said, “During the preliminary investigation, we have found that Sukesh was falsely impersonating as a Member of Parliament and used the sticker on his Mercedes Benz.
Apart from the team which has been sent to Chennai to question Dinakaran, we have also sent our team to Bengaluru for further probe and to establish the link between Dhinakaran’s middleman and the hawala operators. We have able to access the call detail records of Sukesh Chandrashkehar through the sequence have been established as to how Sukesh got the money through hawala operators in other States.”
The investigators claimed that they have been able to establish the money trail of Rs 1.30 crore which was recovered from the possession of Sukesh Chandrashekhar, the alleged middleman of Dinakaran in a raid conducted by the Delhi Police Crime Branch at the Hyatt Hotel on April 15. A senior investigator told The Pioneer, “In the initial investigation, we are relying on the call detail records of the middleman. Moreover, we are trying to access the bank account details of Chandrashekhar to ascertain whether TTV Dhinakaran paid him the money to get the two leaves symbol for their AIADMK faction.”
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH | New Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) will launch its own state-of-the art “Incubation and Innovation Centre” that would act as a hub of ideas, research, innovations and start-up by students and faculty. Slated to start from the next year, the centre would incubate those ideas and plans that are of some commercial value or of some social importance...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...