Look-out circular against Dinakaran
A team of Delhi Police Crime Branch reached Chennai to question and serve summons on TTV Dinakaran, the Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK in connection with the bid to bribe Election Commission officials to get the “Two Leaves” symbol for his faction. Police sources said that a team of Crime Branch sleuths boarded an IndiGo flight to Chennai at 5 pm on Wednesday.
Delhi Police have on the other hand issued a Look-Out circular against Dhinakaran. The notice has been issued to ensure that Dhinakara was not able to fly to some foreign country to escape interrogation. Meanwhile, the police sources said that a police team has been sent to Bengaluru to dig out evidence against Dhinakaran, who has been named in the First Information Report (FIR).
A senior investigator said, “During the preliminary investigation, we have found that Sukesh was falsely impersonating as a Member of Parliament and used the sticker on his Mercedes Benz.
Apart from the team which has been sent to Chennai to question Dinakaran, we have also sent our team to Bengaluru for further probe and to establish the link between Dhinakaran’s middleman and the hawala operators. We have able to access the call detail records of Sukesh Chandrashkehar through the sequence have been established as to how Sukesh got the money through hawala operators in other States.”
The investigators claimed that they have been able to establish the money trail of Rs 1.30 crore which was recovered from the possession of Sukesh Chandrashekhar, the alleged middleman of Dinakaran in a raid conducted by the Delhi Police Crime Branch at the Hyatt Hotel on April 15. A senior investigator told The Pioneer, “In the initial investigation, we are relying on the call detail records of the middleman. Moreover, we are trying to access the bank account details of Chandrashekhar to ascertain whether TTV Dhinakaran paid him the money to get the two leaves symbol for their AIADMK faction.”
- Court pulls up police for not filing ATR 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Court order on police‚Äôs plea against Ansals on July 29 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt upgrades Rural Development Board 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 100 school buses, vans seized for violation of Govt norms 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Police get hoax call threatening to blow up PM house, Rajiv Chowk Metro Station 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISIS operative prosecuted under UAPA 20 Jul 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- NMC‚Äôs 90 wards declared ODF 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man posing as cop threatens to kill activist Shabnam Hashmi, held 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP MP demands reunification of municipal bodies 20 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- BJP, RWAs boycott DERC‚Äôs hearing on tariff revision 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Aspirants for Sub Inspectors’ post in the State gathered in quite a number at Morabadi ground Wednesday to stage protest against the recruitment norms of State government. The aspirants conducted a ‘Maha Mundan’ where approximately 60 students shaved their heads...