Look-out circular against Dinakaran
A team of Delhi Police Crime Branch reached Chennai to question and serve summons on TTV Dinakaran, the Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK in connection with the bid to bribe Election Commission officials to get the “Two Leaves” symbol for his faction. Police sources said that a team of Crime Branch sleuths boarded an IndiGo flight to Chennai at 5 pm on Wednesday.
Delhi Police have on the other hand issued a Look-Out circular against Dhinakaran. The notice has been issued to ensure that Dhinakara was not able to fly to some foreign country to escape interrogation. Meanwhile, the police sources said that a police team has been sent to Bengaluru to dig out evidence against Dhinakaran, who has been named in the First Information Report (FIR).
A senior investigator said, “During the preliminary investigation, we have found that Sukesh was falsely impersonating as a Member of Parliament and used the sticker on his Mercedes Benz.
Apart from the team which has been sent to Chennai to question Dinakaran, we have also sent our team to Bengaluru for further probe and to establish the link between Dhinakaran’s middleman and the hawala operators. We have able to access the call detail records of Sukesh Chandrashkehar through the sequence have been established as to how Sukesh got the money through hawala operators in other States.”
The investigators claimed that they have been able to establish the money trail of Rs 1.30 crore which was recovered from the possession of Sukesh Chandrashekhar, the alleged middleman of Dinakaran in a raid conducted by the Delhi Police Crime Branch at the Hyatt Hotel on April 15. A senior investigator told The Pioneer, “In the initial investigation, we are relying on the call detail records of the middleman. Moreover, we are trying to access the bank account details of Chandrashekhar to ascertain whether TTV Dhinakaran paid him the money to get the two leaves symbol for their AIADMK faction.”
- Cops to take forensic psychology‚Äôs help 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal reviews safety of people from North-East 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Woman among three held for blackmail, extortion 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt to develop 400 ghats for Chhath 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- School to conduct extra classes for students: DC 22 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Bio-stabilisation started at Ghazipur landfill site: EDMC 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old woman, boyfriend held for robbing own house at Seelampur 21 Sep 2017 | SR
- Bihar don arrested near New Delhi Rly Station 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt must check noise levels of loudspeakers at mosques: NGT 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Man rapes, tries to kill minor at Karol Bagh 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...