- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Man caught carrying bullet at IGIA during security check
A man was apprehended at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) on Monday for allegedly carrying a bullet in his baggage, a senior official said.
A CISF officer, deputed at the airport to scan passenger’s baggage, detected a bullet-like object on the x-ray monitor around 4:30 am. A .8mm calibre was recovered from the bag of a passenger identified as S Mathur, he said. Mathur was to take a flight to Indore. Carrying arms and ammunition is banned inside the airport and aircraft.
“Mathur was handed over to the police as he did not have valid documents for possessing ammunition,” the official said.
- 4 held for online bank fraud, duping people 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, son arrested for Rs 28 cr GST evasion 25 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to join probe on Friday evening 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- First civic body in India to tap solar energy, claims SDMC 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Officials told to identify 5 stretches, areas under flyovers for beautification 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Boon for students of JNU, IIT, Jamia, Amity 25 May 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- A sneak peek into Magenta Line 25 May 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- NDMC contractual sanitation workers call off strike 25 May 2018 | SR
- City power demand surges to 5,863 MW as mercury rises 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New PoochhO app to help you know DTC bus arrivals soon 25 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...