Mansarovar Park murders: Two persons arrested
Two more persons were arrested on Thursday for their alleged involvement in the killing of an octogenarian woman, her three daughters and their security guard in Mansarovar Park area in October, police said.
Seven persons involved in the murder of five were arrested by the Crime Branch. According to a senior police officer, two more accused persons identified as, Nitin and Deepak, both aged 30, were arrested around 4 am by the Crime Branch. The killings were carried out with an intention to commit robbery and the mastermind of the plan was the security guard, who was killed by his son and son-in-law.
The officer said that jewellery worth Rs 30-40 lakh was robbed while cash amounted to Rs 14 lakh. The bodies of Urmila Jindal (82), her daughters Sangeeta Gupta (56), Nupur Jindal (48) and Anjali Jindal (38) and security guard Rakesh (42), were found with multiple stab wounds on the morning of October 7.
Police added that after interrogation, the security guard’s son- in-law Vikas had confessed to his involvement in the killings. He was arrested, following which the guard’s son Anuj (25), and their associates Sunny (22) Vikash alias Vicky and Neeraj (37), were also arrested.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...