Married woman gang raped in Ghaziabad
In a horrific incident, a married woman was gangraped by two of her neighbours in Nandgra area of Ghaziabad. One man was arrested while the other is on the run, a police officer said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred around 6 am on Wednesday on the outskirts of Nandgram locality of Ghaziabad, when the two men, who had positioned themselves outside the woman’s house, barged in as her husband left for work and raped her.
After they left, the woman phoned her husband and the police. On the description provided by the woman, the police nabbed one, who was identified as Arif, a neighbour. His accomplice could not be caught as he fled.
“The woman has been taken for medical examination and to record her statement. Raids are being conducted to nab the missing accused person,” said Inspector Dal Chand of Sihani Gate police station.
- Court pulls up police for not filing ATR 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Court order on police‚Äôs plea against Ansals on July 29 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt upgrades Rural Development Board 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 100 school buses, vans seized for violation of Govt norms 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Police get hoax call threatening to blow up PM house, Rajiv Chowk Metro Station 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ISIS operative prosecuted under UAPA 20 Jul 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- NMC‚Äôs 90 wards declared ODF 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man posing as cop threatens to kill activist Shabnam Hashmi, held 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP MP demands reunification of municipal bodies 20 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- BJP, RWAs boycott DERC‚Äôs hearing on tariff revision 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Aspirants for Sub Inspectors’ post in the State gathered in quite a number at Morabadi ground Wednesday to stage protest against the recruitment norms of State government. The aspirants conducted a ‘Maha Mundan’ where approximately 60 students shaved their heads...