×
E-PAPER ▾

E-paper

City

Max death: Probe report in 2 days, strict action will be taken, says Minister

| | New Delhi

Reacting on the Max hospital case in which alive baby was declared dead by the doctors, Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain said the final report of the ongoing probe into alleged medical negligence by the hospital in the twins case is expected in two days, based on which strictest action will be taken.

The enquiry committee set by the Delhi Government to probe into it has submitted its report on Tuesday, while the final report is still awaited. It has found the Max of not following prescribed medical norms in dealing with newborn infants.

"The preliminary report has found them guilty in certain aspects and the final report is expected in next two days. Once we get that we will take strictest possible action according to law," he said.

While addressing a Press conference, hours after the premature born boy born breath his last at a nursing home in Pitampura, jain said that on November 22, a notice was sent to Max Hospital for allegedly violating norms related to services to be given to EWS patients.

"These two cases have been clubbed and we will take action accordingly," he informed.

Last month Ashish Kumar's wife gave birth to premature twins at Max hospital in Shalimar Bagh but both the babies were declared stillborn.

The hospital handed the twins to the family in a polythene sac, however, the boy was found alive while the parents were on the way to crematorium for performing last rites. The family rushed the boy to a nearby nursing home in Pitampura.

Also the Minister’s respond to the allegation by the father that no one from the Delhi Government approached the family to help by saying that there are certain legalities involved but we responded immediately and took action.

Jain had already said the hospital's licence could be cancelled if a probe found it guilty of medical negligence.

 
 
 
 
 

TOP STORIES

Sunday Edition

View All

Tests rule out bats as source of Nipah virus in Kerala

27 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi

The Nipah virus mystery deepened on Saturday as the samples collected from bats in Kerala’s Kozhikode and Malappuram districts, where 13 people have died of the infection, have tested negative for the virus. A report submitted by a central medical team to the Union Health Ministry also ruled out pigs to be the primary source of the virus...

Read More

STATE EDITIONS

View All

in brief

28 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi

Youth symposium at Gumla Vikash Bharti Bishunpur will organize youth symposium-2018 on May 28 at Gumla. The programme will be inaugurated by Chief Minister, Raghubar Das in the presence of other dignitaries...

Read More

Page generated in 0.1852 seconds.