- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Memory cards, gold worth Rs 3.49 cr seized at NCT by Customs
Gold and memory cards worth Rs 3.49 crore have been seized by customs department officials at the New Courier Terminal (NCT) in Delhi. According to a release by the customs department, two packages, which had come from Hong Kong and Bangkok and claimed to have been carrying Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) devices for computers by their senders, were examined on Wednesday. Upon opening the first consignment, 36 packets carrying 43,020 pieces of memory cards, it said, adding the market value of the goods is about Rs 1.72 crore.
In the second package, six gold bars (weighing a total of 6kg) were found inside it. The gold, valuing about Rs 1.77 crore, has been seized, the release said. Both the packages were misdeclared and were not carrying UPS but the confiscated goods, it said. Efforts are on to nab the accused, said a customs official.
- Woman tries to sell kidney to meet demands of lover 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Brain dead man gives new lease of life to four 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man held for bootlegging, vehicle theft 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Youth tries to strangulate ex-girlfriend in E Delhi 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IGIA becomes world‚Äôs No.2 airport in passenger handling 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Yuvraj Singh‚Äôs sis-in-law names him in domestic violence case 19 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Gurugram to get 2nd all-women police station in Manesar on Oct 21 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DRI vehicle stolen from Seva Nagar 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- EC: Only 1,400 voters per booth with VVPAT EVM 19 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Man succumbs to self-inflicted burn injuries 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...