- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Memory cards, gold worth Rs 3.49 cr seized at NCT by Customs
Gold and memory cards worth Rs 3.49 crore have been seized by customs department officials at the New Courier Terminal (NCT) in Delhi. According to a release by the customs department, two packages, which had come from Hong Kong and Bangkok and claimed to have been carrying Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) devices for computers by their senders, were examined on Wednesday. Upon opening the first consignment, 36 packets carrying 43,020 pieces of memory cards, it said, adding the market value of the goods is about Rs 1.72 crore.
In the second package, six gold bars (weighing a total of 6kg) were found inside it. The gold, valuing about Rs 1.77 crore, has been seized, the release said. Both the packages were misdeclared and were not carrying UPS but the confiscated goods, it said. Efforts are on to nab the accused, said a customs official.
- Come out with white paper on CSE report over DTC: Gupta to Govt 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Madhu Koda, ex-coal secy held guilty by CBI 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pvt schools not allowed to hike fees, says Govt 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Maujpur drain death case: Panel formed 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Construction in city impossible without paying bribery: Pandey 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Injured golden Jackal rescued from Sanjay Van 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DCW holds car rally in solidarity with woman beaten for helping authorities unearth liquor racket 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal writes to Puri to review Metro fare hike 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Max case: Cops write to DMA, seek its opinion 14 Dec 2017 | SR
- Govt forms 9-member expert panel 14 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...