Minor raped for 18 months, uncle held
The Delhi Police has arrested a 40-year-old man from South-East Delhi's Jamia Nagar, who was accused of allegedly raping a minor child.
The accused, who is a close relative (Uncle) of the minor child, had allegedly raped her for one-and-a-half year. Police said that they were informed about the incident on April 7 following which an FIR under sections 376 (Punishement for rape) of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
According to police, the victim was living with her family at Jodhpur slum where her uncle used to visit regularly.
He was allegedly raping her for 18 months and threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone. The accused went to Malda in West Bengal in April, when the girl opened up and said everything to her mother about the incident and subsequently the police was informed.
A team was therefore formed and reached Malda and raided many places but the accused had absconded from there way before.
- NGT calls for report on action plan for disposal of waste at Ghazipur 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Psychometric test for school employees likely 25 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Man arrested for raping niece in Pandav Nagar 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- To prohibit smoking, DMRC told to ban matchboxes, lighters on trains, at stations 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted Russian fugitive sent to custody in city 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MCD contractor found dead in Bawana godown 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Meenakshi Lekhi distributes aids worth Rs 40 lakh to 151 divyangs 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Travel discipline: CISF declares Jasola as model metro station 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- DMRC starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Trader shot at Ashok Vihar in Aug: 2 killers held, 2 on the run 23 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...