- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
Minor raped for 18 months, uncle held
The Delhi Police has arrested a 40-year-old man from South-East Delhi's Jamia Nagar, who was accused of allegedly raping a minor child.
The accused, who is a close relative (Uncle) of the minor child, had allegedly raped her for one-and-a-half year. Police said that they were informed about the incident on April 7 following which an FIR under sections 376 (Punishement for rape) of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
According to police, the victim was living with her family at Jodhpur slum where her uncle used to visit regularly.
He was allegedly raping her for 18 months and threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone. The accused went to Malda in West Bengal in April, when the girl opened up and said everything to her mother about the incident and subsequently the police was informed.
A team was therefore formed and reached Malda and raided many places but the accused had absconded from there way before.
- Woman, husband declared absconder 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders take out march against AAP Government 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 46 more properties sealed in North Delhi 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear day ahead, says MeT official 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old man found dead with throat slit 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 150-bed multispecialty children's hospital inaugurated 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ammonia in Yamuna: NGT directs Delhi, Haryana to resolve issue 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi begins trial of anti-pollution towers 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make city green to curb pollution, says Sisodia 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No steps taken to curb sexual exploitation: Gupta 17 Feb 2018 | SR
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday dedicated to the people of the State an interntional standard 'Swami Vivekananda Stadium' built at a cost of Rs 17 crore at Kota in Raipur. After inaugurating the stadium, the Chief Minister had a look at various facilities at the stadium...