Minor raped for 18 months, uncle held
The Delhi Police has arrested a 40-year-old man from South-East Delhi's Jamia Nagar, who was accused of allegedly raping a minor child.
The accused, who is a close relative (Uncle) of the minor child, had allegedly raped her for one-and-a-half year. Police said that they were informed about the incident on April 7 following which an FIR under sections 376 (Punishement for rape) of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
According to police, the victim was living with her family at Jodhpur slum where her uncle used to visit regularly.
He was allegedly raping her for 18 months and threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone. The accused went to Malda in West Bengal in April, when the girl opened up and said everything to her mother about the incident and subsequently the police was informed.
A team was therefore formed and reached Malda and raided many places but the accused had absconded from there way before.
- Hero Honda Chowk flyover opens 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Bhajanpura senior citizen murder case solved; 1 held 25 Jul 2017 | MISHA BHATIA/NISHTHA DHINGRA
- Fire breaks out at Lok Nayak Bhawan; no casualty 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MCDs on high alert as vector-borne diseases skyrocket 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- S Delhi to face water problem on Wednesday, Thursday: DJB 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Pipeline bursts near Laxmi Nagar Metro Station 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Road Rage: Policeman‚Äôs son stabbed many times 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- CBI court awards death penalty to Pandher, Koli 25 Jul 2017 | SP Singh
- Man caught carrying bullet at IGIA during security check 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Sunanda Pushkar death: Delhi Police submits status report 25 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...