Minor raped for 18 months, uncle held
The Delhi Police has arrested a 40-year-old man from South-East Delhi's Jamia Nagar, who was accused of allegedly raping a minor child.
The accused, who is a close relative (Uncle) of the minor child, had allegedly raped her for one-and-a-half year. Police said that they were informed about the incident on April 7 following which an FIR under sections 376 (Punishement for rape) of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
According to police, the victim was living with her family at Jodhpur slum where her uncle used to visit regularly.
He was allegedly raping her for 18 months and threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone. The accused went to Malda in West Bengal in April, when the girl opened up and said everything to her mother about the incident and subsequently the police was informed.
A team was therefore formed and reached Malda and raided many places but the accused had absconded from there way before.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...