- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Missing aspiring singer found stabbed to death
A 23-year-old aspiring singer was stabbed to death in South Delhi's Ambedkar Nagar area. Senior police officers said that the youth had been missing since Saturday evening after which his body was recovered from a nearby Park on Monday morning.
The deceased was identified as Danish Saifi, who lived with his parents and a sister in Sangam Vihar area. As told by the deceased's family, Danish had was out of his house since Saturday morning, but did not return home. His family and friends searched for him in locality but failed to find him.
“It was on Monday around 10 am that body of a youth was found lying at a park near Danish's house, behind Batra Hospital. The body had multiple stab injuries and was wrapped in blood-soaked cloths. His parents were called for identification and it was ascertained that the body is of Danish. The dead body was shifted to AIIMS hospital and later to AIIMS mortuary for post mortem on Monday. No eye-witness to incident was found and a case of murder was registered,” said a senior police officer.
Some part of the body had been eaten by the animals. DCP south, Romil Baaniya said, during initial probe, father and mother of Danish informed police that March 10 around 9 am he left the house for his contractual job and did not return since then.
“They had not filed any report anywhere in this regard. It has also been revealed during the enquiry that he was addicted to smack and ganja. Post mortem reports on Tuesday revealed that deceased has stab injury and has been eaten up by animals at various points of the body. CCTV footages from the area are being checked and those whom
Danish had last contacted are also being questioned to identify the killers,” Baaniya said.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...