Missing aspiring singer found stabbed to death
A 23-year-old aspiring singer was stabbed to death in South Delhi's Ambedkar Nagar area. Senior police officers said that the youth had been missing since Saturday evening after which his body was recovered from a nearby Park on Monday morning.
The deceased was identified as Danish Saifi, who lived with his parents and a sister in Sangam Vihar area. As told by the deceased's family, Danish had was out of his house since Saturday morning, but did not return home. His family and friends searched for him in locality but failed to find him.
“It was on Monday around 10 am that body of a youth was found lying at a park near Danish's house, behind Batra Hospital. The body had multiple stab injuries and was wrapped in blood-soaked cloths. His parents were called for identification and it was ascertained that the body is of Danish. The dead body was shifted to AIIMS hospital and later to AIIMS mortuary for post mortem on Monday. No eye-witness to incident was found and a case of murder was registered,” said a senior police officer.
Some part of the body had been eaten by the animals. DCP south, Romil Baaniya said, during initial probe, father and mother of Danish informed police that March 10 around 9 am he left the house for his contractual job and did not return since then.
“They had not filed any report anywhere in this regard. It has also been revealed during the enquiry that he was addicted to smack and ganja. Post mortem reports on Tuesday revealed that deceased has stab injury and has been eaten up by animals at various points of the body. CCTV footages from the area are being checked and those whom
Danish had last contacted are also being questioned to identify the killers,” Baaniya said.
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Yogi attends workshop to analyse BJP‚Äôs defeat in UP by-elections 20 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj summoned for questioning 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2 hedgehogs found in unclaimed bag at Sarai Rohilla Rly station 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- SDMC Mayor urges Rly Min to improve services on ring network 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi flyover works to be completed by August: Vardhan 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
Mother of PR dept Addl Director passes away Late Laxmibai Gupta, mother of Suresh Gupta, the Additional Director, Public Relations Department passed away here on Tuesday. She was ill for last 15 days and left for heavenly abode at the age of 91 years at Bhopal on Tuesday morning...