Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
- Another KV student dies in school within a week 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- FIR against fake recruitment advert in newspaper 23 Aug 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- One held for man‚Äôs death in LNJP sewer 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 47 swine flu deaths so far 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Our sanitation workers well protected: DJB 23 Aug 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- Capacity expansion of IGIA soon: DIAL 23 Aug 2017 | Sapna Singh
- 15-yr-old sodomised by 4 juveniles while on way to school 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DCPs to patrol Gurugram at night to keep women safe 23 Aug 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Court denies bail to Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Neighbour stabs driver in Ambedkar Nagar PS 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...