- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Smriti declines DU’s special May 1 invite 30 Apr 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Odd-even curbs key air pollutant 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- In survey, Delhiites favour permanent car-rationing scheme to curb pollution 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Boost to Government-run hospitals’ administration 30 Apr 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
- JNU sends Feb 9 event report to cops 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 3rd edition after analysing surveys: Rai 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against 14 30 Apr 2016 | Ankita Upadhyay
- IIT students breathe easy after Union Minister visits hostels 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 3 held for cheating people by promising loans 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Carjacking gang busted, nine arrested 30 Apr 2016 | Staff Reporter
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
30 Apr 2016 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
Notorious criminal Jitu Sethi, who has many cases pending against him and is a close aide of arrested former MLA Ramesh Jena, was injured in an encounter with police at Gopalpur on Friday. Sethi was hit by a bullet on his left leg in the operation carried out by a joint team of Golanthara and Gopalpur police stations officials...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.