Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
- L-G asks UD dept, civic bodies to rework strategy for waste mgmt 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Four men, 12 women held for sex racket in Gurugram 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Fake currency syndicate busted, three arrested 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Plea for martyr status to Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru rejected 19 Dec 2017 | PTI
- NGT seeks DJB‚Äôs complete action plan on drains in 2 weeks 19 Dec 2017 | SR
- Two arrested for robbery on NH-24 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- State-of-art HPC lab inaugurated at Jamia 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ED fails to ensure Mallya's presence in court 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DJB asks staff not to ask for decades-old sewer connection documents 19 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Vector-borne diseases‚Äô season nears end; dengue cases dip 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The State of World Children 2017 Report was released here on Monday in Madhya Pradesh in the presence of children and young people at a Children Carnival in Bhopal on Monday. Around 150 children and young people from Bhopal, Itarsi and Harda participated...