- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Girl hitches lift in Hauz Khas, raped 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Nitish's JDU to take political plunge 20 Feb 2017 | Pramod Kumar Singh
- Metro identifies trouble spots to fix them 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Safety audit of Khan Market's buildings planned 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Update official websites, depts told 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP to finalise first list by month-end 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Foolproof plan to help women in distress 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gay found dead, ‘honour killing’ suspected 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Shahabuddin brought to Tihar from Siwan jail 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
21 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Political rhetoric touched a new low in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh with Samajwadi Party chief and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking mega star Amitabh Bacchan `to stop appearing in the advertisement promoting donkeys of Gujarat’. Yadav was speaking at an election rally at Rae Bareli on Monday...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.