- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- One person killed in explosion in north Delhi's Naya Bazar area.
- Embraer to pay $205 mn to settle graft charges in India, 3 other countries
- Tata Group stocks trip up to 4% after Cyrus Mistry ouster
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- 'Pakistan will attend Heart of Asia conference in India'
- Over 60 cadets killed in Quetta police college attack
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Bird flu scare: Govt issues health advisory as 6 more birds die of H5N8 flu 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Reward for info on Najeeb hiked to Rs 1 L 25 Oct 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Sisodia lauds Jaitley over GST Bill 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Speaker-backed Prasanna draws Prasar Bharati's ire 25 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Chikungunya cases yet to tapper; 2,800 victims in last one week 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Accused travelled to overseas gambling haven for better insight into biz: Police 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Police hunt for drunk man who raped 5-year-old in Haiderpur 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Report: Mosquito menace not raised by councilors 25 Oct 2016 | Madhupriti Mitra
- Min discusses ways to tackle deteriorating air quality 25 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Appointments of senior docs at Azad Medical College hit roadblock 25 Oct 2016 | Priyanka Sharma
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
25 Oct 2016 | pns | Lucknow
Amid the escalating feud within the SP’s first family, an emotional Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav offered to resign from his post while addressing a meeting of legislators here on Monday. Defending his decision of sacking four ministers inlcuidng uncle Shivpal Yadav on Sunday, the CM said they were creating dispute within the party...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.