- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- RaGa to lead protest rally on May 28 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- DU teachers boycott UG evaluation over workload 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Police bust gang of burglars in Gzb 25 May 2016 | SP Singh
- Traffic snarls post duststorm, rain 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Scribe saves electrocuted youth in Okhla 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Registration for admissions to Stephen’s from May 28 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to again send bus lane proposal to L-G, says Jain 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Cleaning Yamuna: Min Kapil presents action plan to Uma 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Six new police stations for crowded Noida proposed 25 May 2016 | Abhishek Byahut
- Jamia cancels BDS entrance; to admit students through NEET 25 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
The panchayat polls in Bihar scheduled for Thursday next led to a violent clash in the bordering area of Kushinagar lateMonday night. The fracas left a contestant dead and several others seriously injured...
We respect Pakistan's territorial integrity. But we will carry out strikes to remove terrorists directing attacks against US.
Time was when we shot in Kashmir every year. Now (I am) going to be shooting there for the first time after 1984.
We will ensure that the Yamuna river is cleaned on a war footing and Punjab's Seechewal model is implemented in Delhi.