Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
- Fired staff nabbed for stealing cloth 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Fake degree case: Tomar summoned as accused 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NGT issues notices over encroachment of Gurugram drain 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ashok Nagar: Man arrested for choking woman to death 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gzb meat sellers on indefinite strike against DM’s order 29 Mar 2017 | SP Singh
- 3 sustain burn injuries as fire breaks out at Nirankari ground 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- JNU students protest outside UGC office against seat cut 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Businessman held with scrapped notes worth Rs 6 crore in Janakpuri 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IIMC to launch community radio centre 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Aditya Nath Yogi among BJP star campaigners 29 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 Mar 2017 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
In a deeply shocking case, a minor girl has alleged that she was gangraped by her four cousins as her father supported the Congress party during the recent panchayat elections in Patrapur block in Ganjam district. The victim along with her father and brother met district Superintendent of Police Asis Singh on Tuesday and lodged a complaint...