- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Government gets into digital overdrive 09 Dec 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- L-G creating hurdles: CM 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Missing Najeeb: JNU students involved in scuffle identified 09 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Salary of guest teachers hiked 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Dry, dysfunctional ATMs disappoint commoners 09 Dec 2016 | Chandan Prakash
- Centre has achieved nothing in last 30 days, says Kejriwal 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Govt approves extension of DMRC chief for 5 yrs 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Passengers evacuated as Metro coach catches fire at Patel Nagar 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- City’s ‘most wanted’ gangster arrested 09 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Theft of MPs’ iPhones from House leaves police in a tizzy 09 Dec 2016 | Souvik Mitra
09 Dec 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Ruling Samajwadi Party will hold a mega rally to be addressed by party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at Deoria of eastern Uttar Pradesh on December 20, even as the third phase of Mulayam Sandesh Yatra starts from Friday. Party sources said that the next public meeting of the party would be held at Deoria where Mulayam Singh Yadav will be the chief guest while state SP chief Shivpal Singh Yadav would...
For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.