- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- DU’s SOL to spread wings in NCR also 08 Oct 2015 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Five-year-old girl dies at Chacha Nehru hospital, father alleges negligence 08 Oct 2015 | Priyanka Sharma
- Mentally-challenged girl gangraped in W Delhi, two neighbours arrested 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile kills teenage friend for befriending his female mate 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Nido Tania murder: Two minor offenders released 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Court issues probe letter to Mauritius in chopper scam 08 Oct 2015 | Ankita Upadhyay
- Kirari residents take pledge to protect families from swine flu 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt all set to fish in troubled water for party land 08 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Two inmates die, 4 hurt as major scuffle breaks out in Tihar 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Is fat wallet plan justified for MLAs? 08 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
08 Oct 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Without naming the BJP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that members of a ‘chalu party’ engineered the Dadri incident to divert people’s attention from development in UP and divide society on religious lines to get political mileage in the 2017 Assembly polls. “The ‘chalu party’ members raise different issues every six months thereby working on their agenda...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.