Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
- Civic agencies accused of failing to deal with sting terror 22 May 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Parents, students flock North campus to clear air 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Installation no breach of privacy: AAP 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CCTV issue: Delhi Cong meets L-G, demands CBI enquiry 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monitor breeding checkers‚Äô work, L-G instructs local bodies 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses hottest day of season, mercury soars to 440C 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Petrol price hike daylight robbery by Modi Govt: AAP 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Capital‚Äôs police plaint body soon 22 May 2018 | Pramod Kumar Singh
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...