Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
- Monsoon may hit Kerala before May 30: MoES 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Violet Line service hit due to safety inspection of metro’s ITO-Kashmere Gate stretch 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Varsity receives 40K registrations on second day 24 May 2017 | SR
- DU’s Open Day session pulls huge crowd 24 May 2017 | Debashish Kumar
- Piyush Goyal asks scribes to go from party meeting; leaves Manoj Tiwari embarrassed 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Ensure availability of medicines in Govt hospitals: CM tells CS 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Cong wins Sarai Pipal, AAP bags Maujpur 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- RSS leader's murder: CPI(M) activist held 24 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Extra marital affair: Woman held for killing husband 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Clash between AISA, ABVP at DU during counselling of aspirants 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...