- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Festive fervour grips Capital on Janmashtami 26 Aug 2016 | Ankita Sharma/Priyanka Sharma
- Rebel AAP MLA moves breach of privilege notice against Sisodia 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Nirbhaya's parents want all convicts dead 26 Aug 2016 | IANS
- 3.5-feet long snake found in Rohini jail 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Assembly Secy gets 2-yr extension 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Noida Authority CEO Raman shunted out 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- TN girl hangs self in Noida 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Encroachment in city’s green lung worries CIC 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU fumes over ‘leaked’ rape info by police 26 Aug 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Accused sent to 14-day judicial custody 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
26 Aug 2016 | PNS | MAHANGA
In the wake of repeated instances of relatives carrying dead family members’ bodies on shoulder, trolley in shocking manners either due to poverty or Government inaction, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a new initiative, Mahaparayan, offering free transportation of bodies from Government hospitals to the residences of the deceased here at Bajapur. The scheme was launched just a day after a man carried his wife’s body on his shoulders...
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.