- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- Afzal event: Police hunt down anti-nationals 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP protests, seeks expulsion of accused 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Minister promises to construct 10 elevated corridors in years 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Police get 3-day custody of JNU students’ union leader to crack case 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Nation will never tolerate insult to mother India: Irani 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- HC seeks response from Centre, L-G on PIL 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- AAP won on corruption plank, but 33 MLAs tainted: Sheila 13 Feb 2016 | Pioneer
- Unique identity number to rein in rouge Noida autos 13 Feb 2016 | ABHISHEK BYAHUT
- As Pachauri's promotion backfires, TERI tries to safeguard its ‘credibility’ 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Inbriefs 13 Feb 2016 | PNS
14 Feb 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
Be it ancient legends or modern paranormal accounts, the mystical aura beyond the realm of rationality never fails to draw one’s undivided attention. ANANYA BORGOHAIN explores such ‘ghostly’ encounters that send shivers down the spine, and attempts to understand what about them fascinates everyone It is difficult to describe Mumbai’s Marine Drive in words that could highlight any of its newer, unexplored nuances...
14 Feb 2016 | PNS | Ranchi
The murder of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha leader, Jeedan Horo, has sparked protest as the party cadres on Saturday laid siege Ranchi-Khunti-Chaibasa road affecting badly passenger services. The service was resumed by evening only after the blockade was removed...
If anyone tries to raise questions on the country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken.
I don’t have a type; I think older would be good for me. They are more chilled and you don’t get the games.
Songs today have a very short shelf-life. When music becomes mechanical, that doesn’t work. It has to be a creative process.