- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Modi lao, desh bachao: Ramdev
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, on Friday, declared that if the BJP doesn’t announce Narendra Modi as their Prime Ministerial candidate within a month, he would withdraw support from the party.
Ramdev, however, slammed the Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi without naming him. He said, “There is only one slogan in the country, ‘bring Modi, save country’ (Modi lao, desh bachao).” He said that at this time, India needs a great leader.
Addressing a Press conference in the Capital, Ramdev attacked the ruling party saying the Congress leaders are levelling false allegations against Modi since he is a better leader of the masses and the Congress is threatened by his increasing popularity and stature.
“Whether the Congress leadership accepts it or not, it is true that Modi has become a big challenge for them and they are aware of it. They are scared. It is an old ploy of the Congress party that whenever a good and able leader emerges in the country, they try to run roughshod over him by levelling false allegations,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev further added he is supporting Modi not because he has emerged as a mass leader but because of his commitment towards his State, country and people of the country. “My support to BJP and Modi is greedless,” Ramdev said.
MORE City NEWS
- AAP escalates attack on Sharma 26 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- BJP promises ‘strict’ action if its MLA found ‘guilty’ 26 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Prashant urges CM to make text of Lokpal Bill public 26 Nov 2015 | Rahiba R Parveen
- JNU registers highest number of sexual harassment cases 26 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted gangster, accomplice arrested 26 Nov 2015 | SP Singh
- Green signal to e-rickshaws in Noida 26 Nov 2015 | Abhishek Byahut
- AAP protests against MLA's sexist remarks 26 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Just 2 weeks into service, Govt’s polyclinic proves a bane 26 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Sharma
- Witnesses to be paid extra for overstaying 26 Nov 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Nirbhaya Case: Accused juvenile may be booked under NSA 26 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
26 Nov 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
There is only one thing certain about the winter session of the UP legislature - uncertainty. The UP government may not convene the winter session of the legislature after all...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.